Chapter 19

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING. All rights and properties go to their respective owners

Manus P.O.V

I reappeared in my study and walked to my collection of alcohol cabinet. I poured myself a drink.

Goddammit.

I sat in my chair and looked over the surrounding forest.

I saw the now docile Moonlight butterflies. I did everything in my power to revert them to their original forms but nothing worked. But I was able to give them control back. Even if it is not their old life it is still life nonetheless and they seem to have embraced it.

I gulped down my drink and headed down to the crystal caves. Walking on the invisible platforms I walked to where the primordial crystal is.

Along with Seath's corpse. 

As I passed by the decaying dragon I spat on him. Fucker.

As I made my way to the crystal I felt it's pull and attempt to seduce me. I sighed. My mental fortitude was more than it could penetrate.

I walked to the crystal and attempted to corrupt it with the abyss. But as usual it was rejected. This had become a routine for me. I periodically came down to see if I could turn the crystal to my will instead of it turning me while increasing the amount of abyss I put in.

I pulled the abyss back out and left. The damn thing is annoying as all hell.

Maybe I should just destroy it.

I nodded. If it won't bow to me it shall die to me.

I prepared a blast and annihilated it along with Seath's corpse.

I moved back to the surface.

I walked through the forest enjoying the beauty of it. I spent the rest of the day in  the forest pondering possible solutions.

There is no-one left in Lordran that could help me with this endeavor. No one even near the intellect level that is needed. 

I sighed. There was no way for me to get around this. There is no shortcut. There is no help. 

This is going to be one long night.

Nearly ten years later

I was in my study like usual and was near the end of my research. I had created a formula that can swap places inside a magic circle to another magic circle.

Today was the first field test.

I had drawn a magic circle around a broken house that was destroyed by a monster. I had made  an identical circle about ten miles away.

"PERMUTO!" I said.

The circle glowed and I moved to where the other circle was.

The house was there.

I smiled.

Progress.

Five years later

I was in my study taking a break when I heard a knock on my door. I turned and saw Adam.

"Is it time?" I asked.

"Yes. But I'm not going alone." He said.

"Quelaan?" I asked.

"If it's not to much trouble." He responded.

I got up from where I was sitting. "It's not. But if you bring her you must protect her with your life. And if you die you will stay dead until we move a bonfire to Remnant. Do you accept the risk?"