|[59]|

It felt like so much has happened already and you could barely imagine that 24 hours ago you were still outside the walls.
---------------

"Goddess from heaven, huh?" Luca spoke, referencing the little nickname you had started to grow used to whenever you went outside. Heck even people in the corps believed it.

You snorted, "it's not like I had a choice in that matter. Besides it's better than what I was called at home." You sat down on the bed, falling backwards on the soft covers. The blankets seemed to be your salvation after having spent so much time inside.

"It's quite the opposite, really, besides you're giving them hope, it's not like you had that effect back home." You gasped in disbelieve, "what do you mean?! I thought they would put all their hope into 'The Reaper'!" You rolled your eyes with sarcasm. Not that it was a lie, the nickname had haunted your being ever since the rumours of your deeds had started to circulate. It was inevitable, you were seen as a merciless murder machine back there, of course eventually rumours would start to go around.

"Besides, I'm assuming there isn't much left to begin with." Your voice was bitter as you spoke, looking at Luca for the reaction you knew would come.

"You're right. We barely got away in time, they burned and deleted nearly everything in Arlo's office. It was because trouble happened in Europe when destroying the documents that we got away in time." You nodded along to his story, "but you made it." You concluded and he only nodded in response.

"I'm sure you know the rest of the story, seeing as you got here yourself. Now explain, why didn't you just return?" He sat down on the side of your bed as you moved against the headboard, grabbing the blanket to wrap around you for warmth.

It took a small while to even begin to explain. You told him about finding carcasses from the other side of the front, you told him about Demian getting kidnapped and what happened in the basement.

"So apparently this Jieun, that died in the basement, didn't actually die in the basement. She regrew her limbs like some fucking lizard and escaped the underground to some extend. Apparently whatever it was that she injected herself with was how she managed to morph into a titan." You tried to keep it understandable, and Luca thoughtfully nodded along.

"I can already imagine the headache of a report this is gonna become." You complained, and Luca wasn't about to pity you, "oh of course, and I'm sure Arlo will want to hear all about it! That Hanji person too from what I've seen from her so far." He winked at you as he hinted to less than half an hour ago.

"Dude don't even start about it. I'm gonna feed those mad scientists the report from afar and stay out of question range. The last thing I want right now is to be stuck in a room with those two while they go mad about science." You groaned as you buried your face in a pillow.

"But, that titan I saw was Jieun then?"

"Yea. I didn't even know it was her at first, she was disguised as a soldier from the corps. I remember thinking it was weird that the backup team would be one person. I was lost so I followed her, not knowing shit, and when she looked back it kind of clicked. That was until she transformed into a fucking titan that is." A shiver wrecked down your spine as you recalled the moment she transformed first.

The blinding light. The disgusting appearance, the bottles attached to the skin with that nasty liquid. The wires attached to her skin. The metal patches on the surface that were red hot from the heat of the titan. The outer spine.

The eyes.

Eyes that seemed to hunt your soul as you thought back on it, the man made human eyes. The metal balls that seemed to track your every move. The disgusting sound of metal screeching against metal anytime you put your blades in them.