|[42]|

If you nearly died fighting her when she was a human in the basement, then what did that mean for you when she's a titan?

-----------

"I'll see you guys on the other side." Demian said as he confirmed having gotten his orders from you. He joked to his friends as he waved mockingly, receiving a small smile from Petra and a wave from Eld.

Lillian high fived Akame as she moved to ride beside Demian. They had barely entered the forest, but they would split up already. Orders were orders after all.

With a last wave they rode off, disappearing into the wall of green.

The earth started to shake. Lightly at first but it was becoming more prominent. Akame and Jax looked at each other, they had seen the continuous black flares from their back, they knew something was chasing them. With the explanation you had given them only a couple of days before they knew something was wrong. They could only imagine what that had to do with the thing chasing them.

They rode through the trees, using an old road as their guide out.

As the thuds grew louder so did their beating heart, Akame looked at her friends to see them starting to question their situation as well. One thing was for sure though, if there was anyone that could take that titan out it would be that group. Akame, Jax, Levi, Petra, Olou, Eld and Gunter. It would've been better if you had been there too but there wasn't anything they could do about that now.

After all you were on your way to them anyway. You'd arrive and you'd take care of that threat like a team.

It was only after a while that Akame realized they probably couldn't count on your support for this matter. The ground shook as if it was an earthquake, even in the future she hadn't ever seen something like that before.

Their horses started to grow panicked, although they still followed orders. Their ears turned rapidly and they made concerned noises.

That was only the beginning however.

Not long after that a loud rustle was heard from the treeline behind them, not long after a huge titan emerged.

Petra let out a small scream at the sight before Levi urged them to continue forward. Akame had only seen a glimpse of the creature but that already seemed like enough.

The exposed muscles that shaped a female human being, it looked nightmarish to say the least. She estimated it to be around eight meters tall, although there wasn't a way for her to be sure.

Levi ordered them to unsheath their swords, Eld, Jax and Akame herself dutifully followed orders but the other clenched the reigns of their horses tightly.

Akame viewed the beast every so often in the reflection of her blades. It's ice blue eyes fixed on its objective in the middle of their group.

Her suspicion had been right, this was for sure related to someone or something targeting Eren.

The group was growing more nervous, Eren looked at the others. The only people that seemed like they could keep it somewhat together were Levi, Akame and Jax. All three of them knew the real objective to the mission.

They knew why they would have to keep riding and what was waiting up ahead. Everything was dead silent except for the thunderous footsteps that followed them.

Petra kept her eyes on the titan, trusting her horse to follow the others as she kept her attention divided.

"Corporal! Orders! Please!" She started to sound desperate as she yelled out for Levi, who kept his eyes trained on the terrain up ahead.