"Umm...Naina...kal tumne jo bhi dekha...main humesha limit mein rakhta hun...kal pehli baar...mujhe kuch samajh hi nahi aya...tum galat mat samajhna..." He tried to rationalize his actions.

She remained silent and just put off the lid of the bowl and using a spatula, poured the sabzi in a small bowl for him, "Life mein bohot saari problems hoti hai Sameer...par sabka solution tab tak nahi mil sakta, jab tak aap unhe face na karo. Yeh smoking aur drinking, yeh sirf pareshaniyo ko aur bada dete hain. Aap please yeh sab mat kijiye...inn sabme apni problems ka solution mat dhundiye. Yeh sab thik nahi hai, aapki health ko bohot affect karega yeh sab, yeh aap bhi jaante hain." There was an urge in her eyes.

She sighed, "Kal jo bhi hua...uske liye aapko pareshan hone ki zarurat nahi hai...hum sab apne andar bohot si baatein dabaake baithe hain...unhe share karne se zaruri toh nahi hai ki woh solve ho jaayengi, par aapko halka mehsoos hoga...aur aap humesha mujhse kuch bhi share kar sakte hain. Ab aap kal ke baare mein bhul jaaiye. Bas yeh sochiye ki aage kya karna hai. Kaise sabko yeh prove karna hai ki company ko aapse better koi nahi sambhal sakta..."

He exhaled heavily and nodded. His lips curved up at her sincerity, feeling fortunate to have her beside him who won't judge him, unlike his evil mother. 

He glanced at her who was taking her seat. A thought passed his mind, "Tumne breakfast nahi kiya?" He voiced out. She shook her head in denial silently and served herself.  

"Tumne itna late kyun kiya?" He asked taking a bite. Her hand halted, "Main office ka kuch kaam kar rahi thi." She answered avoiding his curious gaze. He didn't look much convinced but resumed eating anyway. Once satisfied that he had bought her excuse, she too continued eating. How could she tell him that she had deliberately missed breakfast? She had woken up at her usual time. Much to her astonishment, she hadn't felt any discomfort and had slept peacefully on his couch. Coming downstairs, she had found Ramdhari who asked her about whether he should serve for her or not. Being habitual of having breakfast with Sameer, her heart refused to eat and she agreed on waiting for him. 

Sameer glanced at her. The flashes of her comforting him, hugging him had gotten more clear now. This time too, she had proved she was different from others. If for any other girl in her place, she might have left him in that miserable state. It's been four months living with her and almost a month to their friendship. The fact that she has understood his state of mind so well in such a short span fascinated him. He really owed her a lot.

Later, while sitting in the living room, he called Aarav. Naina had returned to her room to get herself ready. Two-three rings later, he picked up.

"Good morning, sir. How are you now? Tabiyat thik hai na aapki ab?" He asked sounding worried.

Sameer's brows furrowed, "Tabiyat?"

"Haan sir. Subah main aapko call kar raha tha puchne ke liye ki aap aaye nahi, but you didn't pick up. Fir maine Naina ma'am ko call kiya, tab unhone bataya ki aapki tabiyat thik nahi hai and aap rest kar rahe hain...Are you okay now?" Sameer looked up at Naina who had just descended the stairs.

"Haan, I am feeling better now." A hint of a smile emerging on his face seeing her nervous face.

They both talked about the day's schedule which had to be altered. Some important papers were needed to be signed, but Aarav told him that he would send them at home only. After a minute or two, the call ended. He had finally gotten a day off but seemed like she hadn't as he noticed her dressed up in a saree with her handbag and a file in her hand.

"Tum kahan jaa rahi ho?" He asked putting aside his phone.

"Mujhe office mein kaam hai toh socha second half mein chali jaaun..." She answered.