Chapter 6:" Face -Off "

Start from the beginning

Also every time he and Riddhima fought, she tried to step in and make it right. It was upsetting her that they weren't getting along as well and few times she had taken it out on Riddhima asking her to let him be and not fight with him, and he didn't want Riddhima to face Dadi's unnecessary disappointment. 

And yet his wife had been disappointed with him because Dadi was hurt by his actions, he had always seen this side of her, his distrust had kept him from believing in her before and not anymore and just when he thought they were going to have a real fight over it, she surprised him by offering comfort instead the next minutes as she hugged him, her ability to feel for others pain made her so very special. 

Even at this moment ,sleep eluded him because his wife was sleeping next to him with her arms stretched over his chest as if she couldn't let him go a minute without her and he stayed awake because he felt guilty of keeping her with him in the house when she could be in danger. She was his family too and he should be sending her away as well, yet he knew she would refuse to leave him and would find a way back inside the house, if he forced her hand and also because he needed her to bait Kabir into the trap. 

" You should have let me in on your plans, Is that because you don't trust me ?" his wife spoke up, he had been assuming she was asleep and yet her finger on his chest clutched his shirt as if she was fearing his answer. 

" Riddhima, you can't act naturally outraged if I told you before hand and it not because I don't trust you , Kabir and his mother are watching you the most and your reaction and surprise would have been not there if I clued you in before , I do trust you " Vansh answered back and her finger relaxed its hold as he turned to kiss her forehead and then watched her as she drifted off to sleep not before whispering the two words she had taken to tell him often "Love you " and he wanted to say it back but hadn't been able to do so until now.

Vansh feared if he said those words out loud then she will be snatched away from him, an Irrational fear but it was there constantly as if the moment he admits those words and tell her that he loves her and something will take her away from him, and with Kabir and his mother still in the house, Vansh wasn't keen on taking any chances not yet, just two more days and Kabir had to show his hand, he had kept silent so far but in two days time, Kabir had to make a move because Vansh already made a move against him , a week ago.

A week ago, Vansh had asked Kabir if he wanted to take his mother to live with him for a while, the conversation happened in the breakfast room where he made sure Dadi was present. He casually mentioned how Kabir might want to show his mother, the house he grew up in and  live with her for awhile .

" You are our Guest and you can stay as long as you like but don't you want to have some time alone with your mother after all the times you lived apart, don't you want to show her your house and making up for the time you lost together " Vansh spoke up and Riddhima barely hid her triumphant  smile , he had expected some sort of excuse.

The only reason , Vansh brought the topic was to show Kabir that he was also on his list of people to be kicked out of the house with his mother and he also wanted Kabir to act sooner than wait patiently for long time, Vansh wondered sometimes how patient Kabir had been to get his inheritance, and Vansh didn't want to waste more of his time focusing on Kabir when he should be living his life  with his wife.

The excuse Kabir had given was that his house was going under some reconstruction and that he was making it habitable for his mother for the very same reason and he will needs around a week time, and Kabir may come up with other excuse by then which had been also one of the reason he had to make Dadi leave ,so Kabir can fully believe he was Vihaan, Vansh would have never done it. 

Vansh had looked at his sleeping wife again and hoped whatever Kabir plans had been this time, he would be prepared, Kabir was thinking he was fighting Vihaan and that was one of the advantage Vansh held in the battle .

                ********************************************

 "Do you believe me now, Vansh will never kick your Dadi out, this is someone Riddhima brought inside the house and I need your help to prove it everyone " Kabir spoke up, he had hated to involve anyone in his plans, but he needed Aryan for the plan to work.

"What do I have to do ? " Aryan asked and his acceptance was more so because Kabir had brought in his mother jewels as a bribe, he will get it all back once he kicked out the imposter, time was running out and frankly Kabir was getting annoyed that Vihaan had been enjoying the life that was supposed to be his including Riddhima, they were fighting all the time now. Obviously because Riddhima plan of bringing him into the house didn't work out the way she wanted too

And yet she was still supporting Vihaan because in her eyes Kabir was the monster and once Vihaan took care of him, she will go the self sacrificing way and tell the truth to everyone and eliminate Vihaan from the house even if they kicked her out with him. Kabir can predict Riddhima so easily which was the reason, she had been the most important part of his plan to take down Vihaan as well.

" You have to make Vansh leave the house for a while, leaving Riddhima alone in the house and I will take care of everything else " Kabir answered back.

"If he isnt Vansh, why will he leave the house for me ? " Aryan asked and that was the problem, Vihaan will not leave the house for Vansh's family , that was why they had to find another way. 

"Because you will call him and tell him that there is an important investor waiting to meet him for the business, he kicked you out to focus on business right and prove your worth, so call him and tell him that you had found an investor that will make your company reach new markets. And it will bring us more money, that will make him interested enough to leave Riddhima for an hour and at the last minute tell him they cancelled the meeting, Look I can't teach you all the steps , improvise if he grew suspicious but I want him out of the house " Kabir answered back and Aryan only nodded his head in answer as his hands clutch the jewels. 

Either way Aryan was getting something out of the transaction and tomorrow Vihaan will finally get to face Kabir, and he was already anticipating to see the fear in his face when he realized his castle of dreams will be falling apart so so soon. 

                                    ***************************************

"Stupid Stupid Aryan", Vansh muttered back as he drove back home, he didn't want to leave Riddhima alone but he can't take her to the business meeting either. Why did his stupid cousin try to prove his worth today of all day and as always the investors failed to meet them and he wasted precious time away from home because he wanted to give Aryan a chance to prove himself.

He left Angre with the instruction to call him the moment Kabir returns back home, Vansh only left because Kabir was already away from home with his mother, he made a great show of saying they are going out for mother -son time during breakfast. 

Vansh had known he was planning something , so was about to send Angre to follow them when his stupid cousin called and made him change the plans, so far Angre hadn't called him which made him hope everything was fine and yet there was a hint of fear as if he was missing something. 

Vansh instinct told him, something was wrong and he didn't want to ignore it ,so called Angre and when his call went unanswered , he called Riddhima and when she didn't answer either. Vansh realized he made a grave error, he suspected Aryan to be on Kabir side and yet he didn't connect the dots, he once again gave Aryan , the benefit of doubt as family and left his wife alone.

Vansh drove frantically trying to reach home soon and hoping to find his wife safe, yet when he stepped inside the house, he came face to face with Kabir instead waiting for him. 

"Welcome home Vansh or should I say Vihaan " Kabir answered back with a hint of smile and Vansh realized this had been the moment he had been waiting for from the time he came back home, but not like this, not when his heart wanted to scream and ask the bastard before him , where is wife was and what he had done to her . 

Yet if Vansh had a chance to save his wife, he can't let it show. He have to go with his plan and pretend to be Vihaan to make him talk and hope against hope that he will be able to protect his wife in the end.

P.S: "That it for now. Let me know your thoughts and feedbacks, Hit the votes if you liked it "

Juanita Reid