𝙭𝙡𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞 ── spanner in the works

Start from the beginning

Corpse Husband ── corpse_husband
→ This would be unacceptable on all levels if it were someone filming an unsuspecting couple who weren't well known, so why, when it comes to us, is it any different? Because it shouldn't be. Roisin and I were grocery shopping after a great day together, like normal people do. We're dating, like normal people do. Why is it any different??

"ro?" a soft voice spoke through the phone, something familiar and calm.

"yeah, hi." roisin answered, sounding drained and stressed on all emotional and physical levels. "what's up, frankie?"

"i needed to check how you were doing. this is... this is fucking diabolical. if there's anything i can do-"

"please, just keep an eye out for the video. have it reported and taken down. it's- i've seen ten new ones pop up in the past five minutes. it's like a god damn wildfire that i can't put out and i- i-" she cut off, sinking to the couch with a grimace. her head was in her hands, the phone warm against her ear.

"i know you feel responsible for this, but you aren't. ro, there's no way you could have stopped it." frankie soothed, "you want to fix it for him, don't you?"

"he's holding it together for me but i know he's scared. this is how people get doxxed. we've both been on the phone to a million and one people today, so we've barely had any time to talk and it's... i just want everything to slow down for a second and stop being so fucking hard."

"so, you haven't told him yet?"

"told him- of course i haven't told him." she scoffed.

"why not?"

"i can't tell him when he's in a bad mood. i-i just can't. it would crush me if..." breath hitching in her throat, she lent back and closed her eyes.

"if he didn't say it back."

roisin laughed, but it held no humour. "yeah. you get it. puts a bit of a spanner in the works, huh, frankie? strange how a few measly words can make or break someone."

"a little step on the breaks could never hurt. you were moving really fast before. maybe now, you could slow down a little." she said in the most supportive way possible, wondering if she would take it in the wrong tone. she hoped she didn't.

"you're right. maybe we should slow down. i don't know, i just feel like if i don't do this now, i'll miss my chance and i'll just be stuck forever."

"stuck how?"

"with the words in my throat. too much of a bitch to say them. and what would that mean for us?" she wondered aloud, voice barely above a whisper.

"you and corpse?"

"hm." roisin hummed a yes, leg nervously bouncing up and down.

"it would mean that you've been in a bad relationship before and your feelings are valid."

"i love you. you know that, right?"

"i know. i love you too."

"i have to go, more calls to make, but we'll talk later."

"later, tater."

"just because i'm irish doesn't make me a fucking potato, frankie!"

"bye!"