--Prologue--

Copyright © 2012 Lauren Farrow

All Rights Reserved.

Therefore, all the characters and/or plot that you will read about in my story are mine, except for One Direction and any locations that are real, of course.

Any portion of my book may not be reproduced in any manner, other than brief quotations in reviews and such.

And I'm very sorry to say, this will be a pretty cliche story, but I'll try to spice it up a bit...

PROLOGUE

*Melissa's POV*

I unlock the door to my new flat and step inside, staring in awe. There's nothing too special about it, but it is the first place I've ever gotten to call mine.

I walk in further and survey all the rooms; a decent size living room and kitchen, I don't cook that much anyways, a pretty big bedroom with a nice sized bathroom and closet. Perfect.

It's only 12 p.m. so I guess I should start to unpack now.

A Few Hours Later...

I have gotten almost all of my belongings unpacked and put where they need to be, now all I need to do is--

Crash.

"Give it back!!"

"NEVER!" I hear through the wall of my flat. More shrieks and a loud thud. My god, what's going on over there? I think to myself.

I just moved to London a few hours ago, hoping to have a better life here. From the sounds of it, my life will never be boring...

- - - - -

After about an hour more of loud thuds and shrill screams, I decide to go next-door and check it out.

Making sure to grab my keys and phone, I walk out of my flat and over next-door. I unsurely raise up my hand, ready to knock. Wait, they could be psychos or something...I have no idea what's behind that door. What am I suposed to say anyway? Ugh. Stupid indecisiveness.

Screw it. I'm going to knock, and hope for the best.

"Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play, and we're unrehearsed."

A few seconds later, the door slowly opens revealing the occupant.

Boy, that saying couldn't have been more relevant at the moment.

I definitely wasn't expecting that.