prologue

• Dedicated to Kayla Montgomery

I'm running.

As fast as possible. Nothing is going to stop me.

I turn for the last lap and I start to feel it again. Or, well, lose the feeling. 

My legs feel like static, or like pins and needles poking at every inch of my skin, and before I know it, I lose complete feeling of them.

300.

All I know is that my limbs are moving and they have to go a certain way, a certain pace.

I pump my arms to keep myself going, breathing in and out. I hear the thuds of the girls behind me, but all I see is the rubble that coats the soft track and the two white lines that define my place and where I need to go. 

200.

But before I know it, those white lines are gone, the grayish-black ground is gone, and all I can feel is my arms moving. All I can hear is the constant thud of my feet and the other contestant's feet as they pad along the...

What are they running on?

Who's running?

Before I know it my vision blurs.

100.

Where am I?

All I can see is white. White everything, and now I have lost all feeling. Everywhere. I can't see, I'm in another world. all I know is that I keep on running straight. Just keep going. 

My focus comes and goes, and I soon start to breathe hard, my heart screaming at me to pay attention to it's uncontrolling beats. 

"Isa! Isadora! You better run through that finish line! Come on! Isa! Isadora! Hey! Come on!" I heard a distant shout, and the only name that comes in to mind is his.

Harry.

My coach.

Right?

"Isa! I believe in you! Come on! You are almost there! Yes! Yes!"

I soon collapse, all of my senses and surroundings coming back to me and I suddenly feel strong arms wrapped around me as I am carried off the track and onto the grass. 

I can't move. I can only see.

"Water... water. Water, please. Coach. Harry. Water. My.... my legs." I stutter, as I look up and see his face. His beautiful... face. Flushed red.

"You did beautiful Isa. You made it. I am so proud of you. They are bringing water. I promise." He assures me, and I feel something soft press against my forehead and I try to keep my eyes open.

"Stay with me, baby please. Isa. You did so well. You did great! Isa." 

I can't feel anything.

"P-..... p-.... please." 

just an idea. hope you like it. things will make more sense once I get more into the story of course, this is just the prologue. to understand the condition more, just look up multiple sclerosis. you can also look up more on the girl that this story is inspired on, an amazing girl named Kayla Montgomery. learn her story, it's truly breath-taking and amazing. 

notice how i say inspired. not based. so it's not going to be the same as her story. okay? thanks!

vote, comment, share

- a