Chapter 1

Elizabeth

I was having a great dream until I woke up.

7:45.

I was going to be late for work.

Oh! I should probably introduce myself.

I'm Elizabeth, but I usually go by Liz. I'm 21 years old and I live in Glendale, California.

Place to be, am I right?

As someone who hasn't lived here a year and already has so much to say, let me break it down.

California isn't like everyone says it is. Everyone expects California to be loaded with famous people and fun things. The only time it's like that is when it's not on fire, which it is half of the time.

I got up and went to my closet. I live in a apartment with my little sister, Eleanor.

Oh God.

She was gonna be late for school.

I quickly got dressed, just putting on a Fall Out Boy T-shirt and some jeans.

I went into El's room, flipping on the light.

I picked out a queen T-shirt and white ripped jeans.

"El! You're gonna be late for school!", I yelled.

"Go away.", she mumbled.

"Eleanor Marie Anderson. If I come up here in the next 5 minutes and you're not dressed or out of bed, so help me God, you'll never see that phone of yours that I know you're hiding under the covers again.", I asked.

"Fine! Gosh Liz, can't you just leave me alone?", she replied, sitting up in her bed.

"You think I want this any more than you? Our dad died and our mom is a psycho, and along with that, too mentally unstable to take care of you!", I shouted.

Why would I say that?

I automatically regretted what came out of my mouth.

"El, I'm so-", I started before she cut me off.

"Get out.", she said.

Not wanting to stir up a fight, I did as she said.

I decided to go finish getting myself ready. I brushed my teeth, did my makeup and put my hair up.

I left a 20 dollar bill on the counter for El for when she got home, or if she wanted to use it to get food after school.

I got in my car and drove to work.

"Anderson, you're late by half an hour.", Mr.Urie said as soon as I walked into the room.

"I know sir, and I apologize. I had to wake up my little sister because we were both running late and-", I started, before he put his hand up to stop me.

Why do I keep getting cut off today.

"Liz, there's no need to explain.", he said along with his normal grin.

"Want your usual?", I asked.

"Yes, thank you.", he replied.

I went to the coffee table and got Mr. Urie his coffee order.

A regular black coffee.

There, also getting coffee, was my friend and coworker, Claire.

Claire was one of the most down to earth person I knew. We've been friends since our sophomore year of college and have stayed friends ever since.