The cave

As Steven traveled his fingers in a drifting motion across the Smooth rocks, he nodded disapprovingly. There was only one cave left in the Hoenn region. But out of the many, there was still no sight of The Stone of love.

Steven sighed, thinking of what his father would say if Steven Didn't at least find it. Steven packed his bags, and rushed hopefully out of the cave. It had been unusually damp and smelly in this particular spot. Steven reached for a thin pipe like flute out of his Bag. He brushed off the tips, and began to blow a nice four note song. Instantly, like magic, a Latias came swooping down.
He climbed on top, and rode Triumphantly. His light blue hair Danced with the wind.

A horde of Wingulls flew past, as Steven tried to avoid them. He smiled a weary smile, as he was glad he was finally out that cave. He searched for the last cave, which stood out the most of all. It was made of pure granite. Steven mushed the Latias, as it flew down. The gravel shook as the Pokemon took its landing.

Steven smiled as the Latias returned to the sky. He watched it until it was merely a dot in the sunset. He sighed as he pulled out His items and entered the cave. The cave felt strange. As if he were not the only one in there. Normally, no one would dare lurk in a cave during sunset. He searched carefully for the stone.

That's when he heard breathing. Assuming it was a Pokemon, he escorted the area, not wanting to battle.
The breathing became louder. He could of sworn he heard a laugh . Steven looked around to see if anyone was near by. Realizing how distracted he was becoming he muttered under his breath," I gotta find this love stone"

He then heard a reply. There is as no deny that he heard it. In a mellow voice, a man spoke," I have it" suddenly frightened, Steven jumped. A boy with hair slightly bluer than Stevens stood smiling, with a shiny Pink gem in his palms.

Steven stood there awkwardly for a moment, not sure what to say. The handsome man stared at him with twinkling eyes, much like a typical dreamboat. Steven could not find words to Respond, as he became nervous as he stood.

The man drew himself slyly towards Steven, and whispered faintly in his ear,"You know, you can have it if you do me a few favors" .

Steven looked him directly in the eye, and gave him a silent nod. The man chuckled and tossed the Stone in the air, and back in his pocket. He drew his hand out. "I'm Wallace"

Steven shook his hand, this time turning pinker than a jiggly puff. "I'm- Steven st-" he said in a shaky voice.
Stevens mind went like an abstract painting. What favors could Wallace possibly want?

"Come by my gym Steven.. I'll talk to you later. "Said Wallace, with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Your gym?" Said Steven, almost shocked.

Wallace seemed to laugh at Stevens vague words. Steven stood there puzzled as He was new in the Hoenn region. Wallace's eyes twinkled as he said in a calm voice,"You're so adorable" .

Wallace left the cave, with no word whatsoever. Steven watched his shadow disappear behind the cave wall.
Adorable? Steven thought," he called me..."

*note that this took place before Steven was champion :)