Research for a Mangaka

Start from the beginning

Rohan continued carving both your names in the tree within a heart, he wiped at his brow, the task being a bit more time consuming than he had anticipated. "You're not going to hang out with Yoshikage." Repeated Rohan.

"Okay, no. You don't get to decide that for me, Rohan. Me agreeing to this one day doesn't give you full reign over my life." You grumbled. "And he's just a friend, anyhow."

Rohan just pursed his lips together, "Well you also know that he doesn't think the same way. You should be more compliant towards me, though. And your actions seem so forced, you should try to be more genuine." He moved you to stand next to his carving while lifting the camera hanging from his neck up to his eyes.

You let out a sigh, "Yes, I know. It's just kind of difficult. Especially since you essentially kidnapped me."

He snapped of you pictures, "But I'm not the bad guy anymore. You've forgiven Tamami and Okuyasu. Heck, you don't seem to have any more hard feelings for Hazamada even though you now know he'd been stalking you. Sure, it may have been a bit invading of me to read through your thoughts, but I think that's what can make our relationship so special. I know you."

"But the only things I really know about you are from interviews in your manga."

He furrowed his brows as he let go of the camera, "That's true. Perhaps that's what's wrong. When the purpose of dating is to know the other person better, I can't do that when I already know so much. But I can work with this." He leaned his face in closer to yours, his lips hovering just above yours. He noticed the way you tensed up and pulled back, "Too early, perhaps."

You nodded, "Yeah..."

"Well, let's go to the Kame Yu department store, then." He adjusted the strap that allowed the sketch book to rat comfortably from his shoulder, "I want to do some research over there. It would be embarrassing to take pictures of the store by myself. You won't mind this date going for a little longer, right?"

"I guess not." But you did. You really did.

As the the two of you walked, you came across Koichi and Yukako standing on the sidewalk. The girl looked different somehow. You knew for certain it must be her, but it was off in a way. You wondered if the two of them were getting along now. Koichi had also been kidnapped, yet he only seemed to be somewhat of a blushing mess around his captor rather than horrified.

Rohan also spotted him, "He's a friend of yours too, isn't he? His Stand is Echoes, right?"

"Yup. That's him."

"Let's just go a different route then." He started to turn back around.

When Koichi saw you with Rohan, he also wondered if you were giving the captor another chance. For himself, he just couldn't stop the fast pace of his heart around Yukako, and he felt drawn towards the school girl. He wanted a break away from her, though, to sort out his feelings. He called out to you, "(Y/N)! Um, why are you with Rohan-Sensei? Did he use his Stand on you again?"

Rohan let out a loud scoff, "You say that as if she'd only want to hang out with me because of my Stand. I'll have you know she's helping me with research for my manga."

You rubbed the back of your neck, "Yeah, I'm just doing this to pay him back for something. We're headed to Kame Yu right now."

"I'll go with you, then." Koichi didn't think it safe for you to be alone with Rohan just as he didn't think it safe to be alone with Yukako.

"No." Rohan glared down again Koichi, "I don't want you tagging along. So bugger off, kid."

You glanced over to Yukako who was now shouting at someone in a phone booth. "What about Yukako? Aren't you here with her?"

Before Koichi could respond Rohan spoke up, "If she tags along as well, then maybe we could just make it a double date."

"Eh?! (Y/N), you're dating Rohan?!" Shouted Koichi, not believing what he was hearing.

Neither could Josuke who had been strolling with his father and the invisible baby. "What the hell? What did you do to her?" He turned to you, "He's lying, right? Do you know how much Okuyasu's going cry if he hears about this?"

"I'm not dat-"

"Is it that preposterous to think she'd ever go out with me?" Rohan cut you off as he nudged the pompadoured student aside.

As Josuke and the manga artist yelled at each other, you were pulled aside by Joseph, "I just saw Santana walking outside with Iggy. Is everything alright?"

"Yes, everything's fine. Don't worry Joseph."

Rohan pulled you closer to him and out of your interaction with the aged man. "She's here with me because she wants to, you moron. Stop doubting me! Go keep an eye on your father."

Josuke's eyes shot over to Joseph who was starting to cross the road with a car speeding towards him, "Damn it, Old Man!"

Rohan dodged Koichi's mom and sister who stopped Koichi to talk with him. "Thank goodness. We're losing them. Why did everyone have to gather up today of all days?"