Little red

Guilt washed over her as she walked out of the hospital, even though her shift was over she felt guilty for not staying to look after the girl, Security had kicked them out but CPS hadn't handled anything yet, it obviously didn't happen that fast, and she promised Amelia she'd meet her at Golden's, she didn't want to let her down after being completely A-wall for so many years, so she knew she couldn't stay at the hospital, she didn't want to let herself become too attached anyway, that would never end well, and that's never good for a doctor to do.

"You made it Jessie Messy!" Amelia yelled from the booth not too far from the resultant entrance.

"Hey!"

"You look upset, did you lose a patient?"

"No." she shrugged. "it's nothing."

"You know, I was an intern not that long ago it feels like, and I have sensitive days too, you can talk to me."

"Ok, it's just, there was this little girl that came in by herself, and she had been beaten up by her parents so badly she almost died, and then they showed up, and I snapped a little I guess."

"Well, there are many different levels of snapped, what exactly do you mean?"

"Amelia, I don't feel like talking about it let's just talk about something good"

"Ok, ok, if you insist, you seeing anyone?"

"What? No! I've only been here for a month, how would I have time for that!"

"Oh trust me, you can make time," she smirked taking a sip of Diet Coke.

"We made it!" Derek and Addison said in unison as they greeted the two.

"It's still weird seeing them get along." Amelia snorted.

"As if we don't hear that from Richard 100 times a day," Derek replied sarcastically.

"I love this! We're all a family again!"

Derek and Addison smiled as they sat down on the opposite side of Amelia and Jessie.

"On second thought, Maybe one of you should come on this side and we can switch, I still don't trust that you guys won't start going at each other's throats."

"Amelia you are way too old to not understand that divorced couples can be civil." Addison replied.

Derek nodded in agreement.

"I'm just giving you guys a hard time! sooo, I want all the tea on exactly how you guys reacted when you discovered Jessie was in Seattle."

"Happiest day of my life besides the day she was born," Derek said smiling at his daughter.

"Yeah definitely, not to mention the biggest surprise of our lives and there's been a ton." Addison reached across the table to squeeze Jessie's hand.

Amelia smiled " that makes me think of the day you were born, she said looking at Jessie, "I was 11 so I wasn't the most mature that's an understatement but you get the point, I threw a fit because I wanted to be in the delivery room and watch you come out, but back then only two people were allowed in the back during delivery, but before that, I got to come in just for a minute, and I remember kissing your mom's tummy and saying I can't wait to meet you little red."

"Wait, that nickname originally came from you?"

"Yup! And it's ironic because you were a very bald baby until you were about 7 months old."

They all laughed.

"Ohh I also remember this one time your parents got into a huge fight because Mark was supposed to be babysitting you at home but they found out he took you to the mall to flirt with girls."