Clarity

"Hey Jessie what's up? I didn't know you came here much, you seem like such a good girl." Jackson teased as they walked into Joe's.

She snorted, "Yeah, because a girl who runs away to another state and doesn't talk to her entire family for almost 7 years is the exact definition of a saint."

"Oh that's right I forgot, honestly people don't talk about you as much anymore."

"Do you really expect me to believe that?" she said rolling her eyes at him.

"Ok well, I did forget how everyone called your mom Satan when she first got here so now that I think about it wouldn't that make you Satan's daughter?"

"Haha you're hilarious, how'd you know that a pretty boy with a sense of humor is my biggest turn-on?"

"Lucky guess." He replied in the same teasing sarcastic tone. "And stop calling me pretty boy!"

"Well the shoe fits, and for real though Avery what makes you think I'm interested."

"Avery? I thought we'd be on a first-name basis by now."

"I barely know you, anyway, it's been a rough week and I need to get drunk so the least you could do after harassing me for 5 minutes is buy me a drink," she smirked.

"Of course."

her smirk suddenly turned to a shocked expression when she noticed the sight in front of her "Oh my gosh."

"What?"

"What do you mean what! practically the whole hospital is here."

"Uhh." He said awkwardly.

"Why are you acting so weird all of the sudden are you up to something?"

"Well, not me exactly... I mean, no! It's just karaoke night."

"None of you sing."

"How do you know that?" He questioned, trying to play it cool.

"Oh come on! How dumb do you think I am?"

"Ok fine, but I'm only telling you because I consider you a friend."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," she murmured.

"Alex made a bet with Meredith that she couldn't be nice to you so basically if she comes up to you later and asks you to sing, I'm willing to get you out of this."

"So that's what you all were talking about yesterday? It was your idea I can tell,"

"Not entirely, but I realized how awkward this could become so I'm not on their side tonight."

She furrowed her brow at him "I don't need you on my side, I don't even know what you mean by that it's not like I'm against her."

"You don't have to bite your tongue so hard, it's not like I'm going to go tell her everything you say."

"Do you think I'm some kind of delicate little flower? I'm not afraid of her, you can tell she's hurting and I get that, we pretty much made our peace in silence so bringing me into some kind of childish middle school bet I'm sure wasn't her idea."

"It actually kind of was."

"Aren't you getting the point that I don't care?'

"Hey sweetie what are you doing here you're too young to drink ahahaha!" Addison laughed sneaking up behind her as she struggled to keep her balance.

"You're so drunk right now." Jessie laughed as she grabbed her mom's arm to prevent her from tumbling.

"Says who?"