𝟐𝟒. 𝐀 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐲𝐩𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐚𝐲

Start from the beginning

"You know if you ever need to talk, I'm here. You know that, right?"

Hope nodded, biting her lip in thought. "Hey, I'm gonna go to my room tonight, would you like to come?"

"Your room? With you and Hermione- Oh! You mean that room. Sure. Yes. That would be... nice." The tribrid nodded, turning her full attention back to the students. Harry smiled over at her, his chest bubbling with a feeling of love and satisfaction. But it wasn't how it originally was. He didn't get flustered around her, and he didn't feel overprotective of her anymore. Not more than he would for Hermione, that is. Ever since that night of their almost kiss, it was as if the feelings he thought he had just suddenly... vanished.

"I'll meet you after class?" Harry nodded and watched as she walked back to the Weasley twins who were playing around with some of the other Gryffindors. Harry watched as she held her hand on her hip and raised a brow at them with playfulness in her eyes. They looked back at him and then they all broke out into laughter and began to talk. And there it was, that warm feeling in Harry's chest, but not like before, yet somehow all the same.

He sported a soft and vacant smile on his face, thinking back to the first time they had actually met. The time in the Gryffindor tower when they spoke and saw into each other's minds. The wizard had thought back to that moment and wondered what it meant once again.
The way that they could see through one another after that, and how they could just feel what the other was feeling. He shook his head and thoughts away, waking himself up since he was still in the middle of a lesson.

He quickly helped another student and waited for the end of class when he could see Hope transform into a wolf. He had wanted to see it since he found out what she was, which had been months ago now. The wizard ran a hand through his hair as the end of class was coming sooner that he anticipated.

The moment everyone was out of the room of requirement, Harry stared at the side of Hope's face as she stood still, listening intently to their surroundings. When she was sure they were safe she beckoned him toward her, eyes widening in shock when she gripped his wrist and pulled him along.
The tribrid looked back at him with a mischievous grin as she whispered a spell under her breath and kept running. The two were running down the halls of Hogwarts, Harry trying to rip his wrist away from the tribrid as they rounded a corner and came almost face-to-face with Umbridge herself.

Umbridge seemed to look in their direction, but completely past them. Harry raised a brow at Hope, who soundlessly giggled and walked up to the professor, getting in her face and letting her golden eyes shine through her blue orbs.

An invisibility spell, thought Harry. How cool is she, anyway?

The wizard seemed to get it and nod, his eyes telling her to hurry along because one way or another Umbridge would ultimately find out they were there. Hope only nodded and growled deeply in her chest once, causing Umbridge's eyes to still and become filled with fear.

As the two were running down the hallway and toward a stairwell that would lead them to fifth floor, they could hear the frightened professor screaming at the top of her lungs.

"Who's there?! I'll have you expelled! Show yourself!"

When they were on the third floor Hope stopped and laughed a full belly laugh, which made Harry do the same, but more breathless as he was trying to catch his breath.