"You can't hear the music? Plagg, we're in Beauty and the Beast." Chat replied before humming along. The song was interrupted by a blast of gunshots startling the hero and his companion to the floor.

"What on earth.....!?"

"Gaston." Chat stated gruffly as he jumped to his feet. "Wildlife serial killer with the eyes for my princess." He gazed out the window again, the smoke still in the air.

"Your princess?" Plagg questioned as he dusted himself off too. "Marinette isn't here."

"You clearly don't know your fairytales. Belle is a common girl that ends up at the castle in an attempt to save her father. In doing so she trades herself in her father's place as a prisoner. The two develop a friendship. Eventually, the beast lets her go to help her father in the middle of a winter storm, only for Gaston, to organize a group of townsmen to go with him and kill the beast, who is really just a egotistical prince that was turned into a beast by a magical fairy in order to teach him how to love along with all of the people in his castle... Oh crap!" The thought hit him as if Venus had crashed into Earth. Plagg only tilted his head in confusion. "I'm the beast! That explains how I'm Chat and you're a stuffed panda bear! I'm gonna get stabbed!" The teenager began to circle the room in a panic. "I need to get out of here! Not to mention help Ladybug stop the akuma. What am I gonna do!?"

"Kid!" Plagg hollered shooting off the ground in true Disney fashion. Chat paused in his tracks to look at his buddy. "Relax. How does the tale end?"

"Well, after Gaston kills the beast, he dies, Belle admits her love, the last petal of the rose falls, the beast turns back into prince Adam, they kiss, everything is restored to normal,............that's it! If I'm the beast that means I need to find Belle, get her to fall in love with me, kiss her, and then everything should be turned back into reality so that I can help M'lady defeat the akuma!" Chat spoke enthusiastically.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Plagg questioned, hoping that the miraculous holder would catch his drift.

"I don't see another way. There has to be a way out, but the only way out of a fairytale is through the happily ever after. "

"Or a kiss of true love that breaks the spell." The magical cat, in a teddy bear body, added on.

"That's what I'm getting at Plagg. In the movie, it was Belle's admission of love that broke the spell, but it was the kiss that sealed it and reverted the rest of the castle back to normal. Oh wait." Sure enough, it clicked. "Does it have to be the kiss of true love? If so, I'm screwed aren't I?" Plagg only nodded smugly. "You're not helping."

"What did you expect me to say? Now give me some cheese." The kwami snapped back as his holder as he passed him by on his way to the door. In his new stuffed animal body, Plagg stumbled his way after Chat falling flat on his face.

"Uhm.... are you going to be alright Plagg?" Chat Noir paused to turn back to his magical friend. Plagg didn't sit up or anything. He just brought one of his arms to his head and saluted the superhero before flopping his head back on to the floor in utter defeat. The hero went on his way, ignoring the cat's dramatic antics as he proceeded to head down the stairs. The story wouldn't progress for another few hours, so what was he to do in the meantime? What was something that he had always wanted to see or experience in Beauty and the Beast? The scenes began to flip through his head again. The classic ballroom dance thing was always something that he had wanted to do with Ladybug, but it didn't seem like he would be getting that moment any time soon. It was unlikely that his lady would be in the same tale he was or even in a fairytale for that matter. Chat had forgotten about that. If Ladybug defeated the akuma without him, getting to the happily ever wouldn't even matter. Regardless, there was one thing Adrien had always wanted to see. The iconic rose in the glass case. Chat Noir was one for giving roses to his lady whenever he could to prove his affections to Ladybug, but she had always refused him. He would spend much of his time trying to pick out the perfect rose for her, so he had seen many a rose, but nothing of the likes of an enchanted one. That was something he wanted to see. Though would there even be one for him? Chat Noir ascended the steps again wandering about helplessly looking for the west wing of the castle.

"Where are you going?" Plagg pondered aloud when his "boss" strolled past him like a lost kitten.

"I'm looking for the west wing." Chat replied still strolling along with his eyes fixed on the surrounding walls and passageways.

"Why?"

"I want to see the enchanted rose." With a sigh and slug shoulders Plagg trudged after the super. Finally, the two found the west wing. It was as torn up as it was in the animation and to his surprise Chat was actually scared of the place. The ripped poster of the prince didn't appear like it had in the film. Instead of Prince Adam, it was him as Adrien. In all honesty, the hero was impressed with detail that went into the alternate reality telling of the story. Then there it was. Glistening in the moonlight near the balcony on a small table stood the rose in its glass case. It was more beautiful than he had imagined. The sparks of magic glimmered in and out of existence all around the petals. What surprised Chat was the color of the rose. It wasn't pink like in the film, but a shade of lime green. The accent color for his hero identity. This telling of beauty and the beast really was centered around him.

"Do you think the magic of the rose works the same way it did in the movie?" Adrien asked Plagg, still admiring the rose as one of the petals came loose.

"How would I know? Now where is the cheese!?" Plagg griped.

"If it does, I don't have much time left. That's for sure. I wonder what happens if I run out of time? Are there real stakes involved?" Chat continued on to himself, ignoring Plagg continuous beg for cheese. It was easy to since, he delt with him all the time in reality.

"Adrien! Cheese!"

"Huh? Ugh, Plagg I'm sure there is some in the kitchen." Chat retorted shooing the kwami away with a wave of his hand. With a huff, Plagg turned on his fluffy heels and made his way to the door. Thoughts swarmed Adrien's mind as he focused on the lime colored rose some more.

"Cataclysm!" The boy heard his magical friend call out. Before Chat could turn to look there was a smash. After recovering from his flinch, Chat Noir's eyes settled on the Panda Bear teddy that stood in front of a busted vase with a smug face. Well, at least he knew Plagg's powers still worked.

"Plagg!" Chat scolded. The feline in a stuffed animal body bit back his laugh before sprinting out of the room. "You get back here!" Chat leapt into action and began to chase the tiny magical being around the castle. At least he had something to do for the next few hours until the beauty of this retelling would wander in looking for her father.