chapter 3 - prefect problems

"seriously, draco can you stop complaining. this isn't even my fault." aurora said, rolling her eyes back into her skull.

"excuse you! yes it is. i wouldn't be here right now if you actually took care of yourself and ate breakfast, you git." draco retorted dramatically.

aurora stopped in her tracks. "god you always over exaggerate. can we just be done fighting? this is pointless." she sighed, looking into his deep green-gray eyes.

"i'm NOT exaggerating. would you shut up, no one cares about your opinion anyways. you're just a filthy little girl who doesn't know what she's saying. god, you're such an idiot." as soon as the words left his mouth, aurora could see the twisted regret on his face but he didn't take back what he replied.

"oh, i'm sorry! did i offend your massively inflated ego? oops, my bad. to be honest, malfoy," draco winced at the calling of his last name, "i pity you. you have no self esteem. it's all a show. you're just so insecure you take out all your anger on innocent people. i get it, you have daddy issues or whatever. but that doesn't mean shit when you are a horrible person and it's not a fucking excuse. the worst part is," aurora laughed but not because it was funny, "i don't even hate you. for all you've done to me, my friends, my classmates, everyone. i hate myself for thinking that you had an ounce of good in your heart. at least i can admit when i'm wrong." she said, suddenly out of breath.
the air was heavy with her confession. now draco knew what she really thought. aurora didn't even knew all of that was inside her.

dracos eyes swished across her face, locking with her own. he took a menacing step forward. cocking his head precariously to the side, he told her; "take it back. now, miss sleeping beauty." the nickname sent her over the edge but she couldn't let her guard down. she knew his intentions.

"no." aurora said sternly, not budging. she wasn't going to be apart of the countless people manipulated and intimidated by the popular slytherin.

"no?" draco asked. but it wasn't a question. he took two more steps forward. their faces were now mere inches apart and if aurora looked up her eyelashes would flutter gently against his cold cheek.

aurora bit her lip, cogs turning in her brain. she mumbled; "i am SO gonna regret this." at these words, confusion painted on dracos face but it was quickly erased when auroras lips smashed against his in a passionate kiss. his arm immediately snaked around her waist, leaving no room between them. his other hand cupped her cheek, caressing it while his other hand dug in roughly to her rib cage. his tongue flicked against her lips, asking for entrance. she didn't let him in but kissed his growl quiet, teasing him. aurora pulled away and her nude rose lipstick was smudged over his mouth, lips swollen.

she smirked. "i'll see you later then, malfoy." she whispered in his ear goodnight and walked away with a wink. hips swaying, she felt his strong gaze lingering on her.

once out of his sight, she practically ran to her dorm and sat in the silence and thought about what she did. oh god she thought to herself. she shoved a pillow on her face and groaned. collapsing on the bed, she let a smile escape her lips.