chapter 5 - recovery

aurora's eyes fluttered open and the smell of hand sanitizer and fresh sheets wafted up her nose. she rubbed her eyes yawning, "what the fuck happened?" she asked to no one in particular. turning to her right, she saw a slim figure of a worried woman hovering above her. "oh madam pomfrey! erm excuse my language.." color rose to her cheeks.

pomfrey shrugged her curse word off. "no worries, dear. do you feel alright?" the nurse didn't give her time to answer and instead recapped the events in the great hall. "you had an anemic episode i believe, you need more iron. mr malfoy just left i believe to his first class, i'm surprised he didn't stay longer. the bruises were very swollen."

at the mention of harm in dracos way, she sat up intently. "bruises? madam pomfrey, what happened to him?" she asked curiously.

"oh my, it was a mess." she cleared her throat, telling aurora the gory details of draco punching the third year, threatening his life. he didn't even get any punishment.

"why would he do that? i don't understand. it was stupid really.." aurora honestly didn't know why he would go to so much trouble at cause of some name calling and fruit throwing.

madam pomfrey raised a brow and shook her head. "i don't think you're asking the right person, dear."

——

"sorry i'm late, professor. i was in the infermery." she apologized to snape.

he scoffed subtly. "i was aware. let's continue, shall we?"

she nodded her head and opened her textbook, greedily excited to learn something new. she had noticed someone's lingering pair of eyes but didn't bother to look, she knew who it was.

draco sneakily slid in to the empty seat next to aurora, trapping her. "are you alright?" he asked, tender.

her brows furrowed in confusion. "am i alright? pomfrey told me what happened, the fight, the bruises," she grabbed his hand without thinking. analyzing his injuries while he studied her. "you should come to my dorm later."

draco was amused by this. he smirked, "oh, if that's what you want sleeping beauty." he purposely did this, knowing blush would rise to her beautiful face.

"i- no. god no. i have a spell and some ointment, i can heal these." she genuinely wanted to help and he didn't know why.

their stares bored into each other's souls when they both asked at the same time; "why are you worried about me?" dracos hand slithered its way onto her thigh but not in a inappropriate way, he wanted to reassure her.

"because i care about you."