"House tour?" I mumbled against James' lips.

James smiled, "Sure, love."

I gave James one last kiss, before grabbing his hand and pulling him back into the corridor.

I led James through the house, showing him Sebastian's room-, which was exactly the same as it had been for the past year, then the two, rarely used, guest rooms. They were only ever filled when Beatrice or Henry had friends staying over.

We walked down the stairs to the second floor, making James laugh as he watched me struggled to go down the steps as the aching in my legs flared up.

"I'm proud of myself." James joked.

I rolled my eyes, "Fuck off."

As we reached the second floor, Henry and Beatrice were arguing with each other in the middle of the hallway.

"What's going on?" James whispered to me as we stared at the twins who were screaming at each other.

"No idea," I cleared my throat, getting Bea and Henry's attention, "Why are you screaming?"

"Because Henry's a little bi-"

"Shut the fuck up, Bea!"

James stifled a laugh, "This is the shit I missed being an only child."

"You have Sirius." I teased.

"I do have Padfoot."

I rolled my eyes at my younger siblings as they retreated to their own rooms.

"Shall we continue?" James laughed.

I grinned, "Of course."

The second floor contained Henry's bedroom, and Bea's room, both of which had attached bathrooms. There was also a guest bedroom, and my parents' room was also on this floor, but they never slept in the same bed anymore. They haven't for the past few years.

My mum usually slept in the guest bedroom.

But, we don't talk about that.

I held James down to the main floor, which contained the living room, kitchen, dining room, foyer, laundry room, and bathroom.

As we walked into the kitchen, our house elf rushed over to James and me.

"What would Mistress Daphne and Mister Potter like Jilly to make for dinner?" Jilly asked, fiddling with her dress.

We had insisted on buying Jilly proper clothes, but she refused to accept any of them except for a dress made out of a floral tea towel.

James looked at me, "Anything sounds good to me, what about you, love?"

"I'll be happy with anything you make, Jilly."

She smiled at me, "Jilly will start making dinner."

James and I chimed our thank you's and made our way to the living room, where we sat lazily on the couch, as we waited for dinner.

• • • • •

The six of us were sitting around the dining room table as platters of food appeared on the dark oak table.

My mum and dad were each at a different head of the table, Henry and Beatrice were sitting next to each other, and James and I were sitting across from them.

James didn't seem nervous to have a sit-down kind of talk with my parents, but I was.

I dished some corned beef onto my shiny white plate before passing it over to James as I added more food to my plate.