Chapter 5

Peter had to get a cast on his leg from the brake. Bruce wrapped the cast around Peter's entire leg as he sat on the medical bed. It hurt when he put it on. Tony was sitting from a far to make sure that his new son was ok. Tony thought it was weird to have Peter as his son, but be still loved him. Tony could see the pain in Peter's eyes. He felt bad for the kid. Peter got crutches so he could walk. "Thanks Mr. Banner." Peter said. Tony smiled at Bruce. Peter had to get used to using crutches. He wouldn't be able to be Spider Man for a long time since he had a broken leg. "You doing alright Peter?" Tony asked. "Yeah, I think so." Peter said. His head hurt from the lights, his strong senses didn't help with all of the noise going on in the tower. He could hear almost every conversation everyone was having. It hurt his ears since everyone was so loud. Peter wasn't able to cover his ears since he needed to use his crutches to walk. He walked to his room to rest for a while and went on his phone. He checked his messages and his phone blew up with texts from the group chat with him, Ned, and Mj.

Mj: Hey losers.
Ned: Hi.
Mj: Peter, you there?
Ned: Peter?
Ned: hellooooooo?
Mj: Hey dork, you there?
Peter got a private message from Ned. He checked it.
Ned: Hey Peter, why aren't you responding to our messages? Are you ok?
Peter:Ok isn't the way I would describe myself right now, but sorry for not texting back.
Ned: Mj has been worried.
Peter: Wait, Mj was worried...about me?
Ned: Yeah, I mean, she saw what happened to you at school.
Peter:Oh...right...
Peter switched to Mj's messages.
Peter: Hey Mj.
Mj: OMG PETER WHY HAVEN'T YOU RESPONDED TO OUR MESSAGES!?
Peter:I'm sorry, there's just been a lot going on.
Mj: Are you ok?
Peter: Yeah, I'm fine.
Peter: I'll tell you about it at school tomorrow, bye.
Mj: Cya tomorrow

Peter put his phone down and placed it on his desk. His special abilities allowed him to be able to heal faster than the average human, so his leg wouldn't take too long to heal. He laid there for a few minutes before getting up. It was harder to stand up since his leg was in the way. He got up after a few tries and walked downstairs. The Avengers were watching T.V. Peter wanted to get something to eat since it had been a while since he last got a good meal. He tried to be as silent as possible so that they others wouldn't hear him. He was looking through the fridge until he saw something start to fall. He quickly caught it, but he lost his balance trying to do so. He fell on his back and grunted. The Avengers turned to look at the kitchen. The countertop was blocking their view of Peter, so he thought that they would ignore it, but he left the fridge door open. Natasha went off to close the door. When she got there, she saw Peter lying on the floor, unable to get up. "Oh my God!" Natasha exclaimed. Tony was shocked and turned to face Nat. He got up and went to see what she was looking at. He walked over and also saw Peter. "Jeeze kid! What happened?" Tony asked. He was shocked to see Peter on the ground. The others cane over to see what was going on. Tony got down and helped Peter get up. "What happened?!" Tony asked, he was worried. He didn't want anything bad to happen to Peter anymore. "I- I was just getting something." Peter said stuttering. "You know you could've just asked." Tony said. Peter looked down. He didn't want to make Tony do everything for him. He didn't want to be treated like a child. He could make himself food. "I- I'm sorry. I just wanted to do something for myself once. I don't want to keep asking for help from people." Peter said nervously. Tony looked at him with empathy. He knew that Peter wanted to do things for himself, but he also knew that Peter wasn't in the right state of mind to do things the same way he used to be able to do. There was too much going on in that big brain of his to have more stress put on him. "Peter, I know that you want to be independent right now, but you're not in the proper state of mind to be that independent of others. Once you become healthier, you can start doing more crime-fighting and other things, but fof now, you have to take it easy." Tony explained. Peter nodded in disappointment. Peter got his crutches and walked up the stairs to get to his room. He was still hungry since he didn't get the food that he was going to get when he was downstairs. After a while, his stomach started to growl as he got hungrier. He tried curling up into a ball, but his cast stopped him from doing so. His room lights were off, so his head wouldn't hurt. He heard a knock on his door. It opened up and it was Tony. "Underoos, wanna watch Revenge of The Sith with us?" Tony asked. Peter's head turned fast when he heard the movie. Without hesitating, Peter moved his body, ready to stand up. Tony moved over to him so he could get up faster. He knew that Peter was eager to watch the movie. He used to watch it with May when she was still here. They finished the movie. Peter was running the lines back in his head as the movie played. He watched it so many times that he was able to repeat almost every scene word for word. Tony was inpressed with his ability to remember things that well. It was already late. "Oh yeah, Peter, you have school tomorrow." Tony said. "Ok." Peter said. He was happy that he would be able to see his friends again, but he knew that Flash would be mean to him again. Peter didn't care if he did, he just wanted to see Ned and Mj. Tony helped him get to bed. "Night kiddo, sleep tight." Tony said. "Night!" Peter said as Tony left.

To Be Continued...