𝐓𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐃𝐨 𝐔𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭- 𝐆𝐢𝐠𝐢 𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐝

Start from the beginning

When I was done with that I applied some deodorant and lotion and then went into my closet to slip on some briefs and a sports bra. I went back into our room where I found my wife beginning to wake up. "Why didn't you wake me up when you did?" Gigi said softly as I crawled onto the bed to kiss her. "You looked peaceful. I didn't want to bother you especially after having a hard time getting comfortable last night." She laid her head on my chest and we just laid in silence for a few minutes "I wish we wouldn't have to be doing this shit today. What am I going to do without you?" Gigi said softly, breaking my heart at how sad she sounded. I kissed the top of her head and then moved it so she could look at me "I'll never be able to tell you how fucking sorry I am for putting you in this position especially right now. I'll never forgive myself for doing this to our family. But you have your siblings and your parents, along with mine too they're gonna be here for you in a second whenever you need them." Gigi looked at me with tears welling up in her eyes as she nodded "I know but I just want you. I know you were protecting my sister but I wish all this shit wouldn't have happened."

I did my best to comfort my wife but I knew her feelings were valid because I was feeling the exact same way. After a while, Gigi got up and showered and I got dressed. I tried to remain positive but anyway you looked at it this entire situation was fucked up.
Gigi did her hair and got dressed and did minimal makeup not that she even needed it anyway because she was a natural beauty. We left the house and picked up some Chick-Fil-A for breakfast and made our way to the courthouse. The entire drive there was filled with us just talking about our daughter and how no matter how long I was going away for Gigi would make sure that she brought our daughter to see me. I made sure Gigi knew how much I loved and appreciated her sticking by me. I never wanted her to forget how much she meant to me and how blessed I was to have her in my life.

When I pulled up to the courthouse that's when all the nerves I was doing my best to keep at bay hit me all at once. I got out of the car and took a deep breath before walking around to the passenger side to help Gigi out of the car. We walked hand in hand towards the last place I wanted to be. We went through security and up to the fourth floor where my case was being held. When we got there my parents, siblings, and my in-laws were already waiting for us along with my lawyer. We greeted everyone and they decided to say a quick prayer for me. They went inside leaving Gigi and I alone for a moment. "Remember what I said Y/N no matter how this goes I'm not going anywhere I'm gonna bring our baby girl up to see you. I love you with every fiber of my being till death do us part alright?" Gigi said as she caressed my face I nodded and gave her a small smile "I know baby. And again I'm so fucking sorry but I promise you when I get out I'm gonna make it up to you. I love you and our baby girl more than anything in this entire fucking world." I leaned down and brought our lips together in a sweet yet passionate kiss as I held her as close as possible. I poured every ounce of love I could muster up into the kiss. When air became an issue we separated but not before giving each other a few more pecks.

We walked into the courtroom and I took my place next to my lawyer who just patted my shoulder and gave me a small smile. I heard the door close behind me and I looked back to see Officer Matthews walking in with his lawyer before he took his seat at the table on the other side of the room. He gave me a smug smile before sitting down making me clench my jaw slightly. A few minutes later the jury took their seats followed by the judge.

"For the last several days we've heard witness testimony against the defendant Y/N Y/LN. Have the members of the jury have you reached a verdict?" The judge asked "yes" the jury responded "will you please fold the verdict form and hand it to Deputy Jarvis" the judge said and I watched an older woman fold the paper and hand it to the older man. He walked over to the judge and handed her the paper. The judge looked at the paper before handing it off to the court reporter. My lawyer and I stood as the young woman began speaking "in the circuit court of the eighteenth judicial circuit in Los Angeles County California. State of California versus Y/N Y/M/N Y/LN verdict we the jury find Y/N Y/M/N Y/LN guilty so say we all foreperson." Hearing those words my heart dropped I expected it but it just felt all the more real now. I could hear Gigi's distinct cries which made my heart clench in the worst way.