"The need for physical intimacy."

"..."

"Submit to me."

Tears stung your eyes, trying to shut your demon out. They were smart enough to attack you at your lowest, you could feel your demon's arms rub up and down your back soothingly. 

"I could make you forget. He would just be someone you used to know..~"

You shake your head, trying to deny the desire to let go. God, how you wish you could just give in, go insane, and just forget. You were too tired to keep running, too weak to even do anything useful. The way you were now, you knew you would simply be an ant being crushed by a tiny rock.

A part of you was dying for a break. From life, from the war, what the hell was anyone fighting for anyway? It all started because some idiot decided to resurrect some humans, killing all the adults worldwide. 

Vampires came to be because the First thought it was a good idea to pass on power. But come to think of it, there was a patch of dark in that area, HOW did the First gain this power? It was pointless thinking about it anyway, in just a couple of seconds, you were about to submit to your demon. And for what? All for the sweet escape of reality. 

As a human, you weren't as pathetic, you fought for your family. To live with everyone. To see what life would be like without all the experiments, killings, war...You did everything until you hit the roadblock of getting captured back in Osaka.

Even as a vampire, you had no excuse.

That was right, you had no excuse. 

You were still rightfully a human with drives. Your heart just wasn't beating...

Mikaela did something, accepting he wasn't human, but died as one. He died protecting Yuichiro, tears in his eyes. Something he has said he probably wasn't capable of doing anymore. 

"I don't have the tears to cry anymore. But all I can do is stand by Yuu and help him."

Your demon could sense your confidence and willpower to keep fighting boil inside you, but they weren't about to give up so easily, they snapped their fingers. You could feel the warmth of someone's arms wrap around you, but there was an ominous presence. It didn't surround you but enveloped the person carrying you. 

"This is the man you love." Your demon spoke up

"He's given his body to Mahiru, he's evolved into something deadly. Even the demon Mahiru absorbed finally materialized. You have no chanc-Mmf?!" 

You heard a thud, your eyes snapping open as you saw the white void once more, your demon laid there pinned under the woman with long, angelic ashen hair, wearing the same goddamn Shibuya High school uniform. 

(*casually turns POV to 3rd, while sobbing*)

The raven-haired male who carried his lover on the verge of giving in to the demon curse, looked stunned as it reduced to only half of her body. He hadn't even given her the serum to suppress the demon curse, he was barely pulling it out of his pocket. 

"What just..?"

The materialized Mahiru laughs, her hard work was going to be for nothing if she didn't do anything about this. It wasn't like she could physically take the serum from him, so she went for the next best thing. 

"Guren, do you remember why we're betraying everyone?"

"To finally be together. But.." His voice wavered.

He truly had become a namanari, just a host for his demon to play with.  Mahiru had made him done despicable things to his friends and family. Back at Nagoya Airport, he fought against injuring Yuu. The child he raised and had grown to love. To him in the beginning, Yuichiro was simply a tool for war.  His job was to raise him and keep him from dying to use against everyone in the war. 

Despite it all, he always ended up being a father to Yuu, he didn't regret that. 

Mahiru made Guren give himself to her, to carry out her plan with Krul Tepes and the Seraph experiment Kureto Hiragi was conducting with Kimizuki's younger sister, Mirai. In order to set off the trumpet, he was faced with the decision to spill his blood in front of everyone. 

"Run...away." 

"Guren-?" 

A painful memory that stabbed at him constantly, his friends, the entire world, his former lover, Yuu, and now...Y/n.

The woman he had loved was now lying in his arms, fighting off the demon curse. And he was the only one to blame for this situation. Her skin was looking paler than normal as her body trembled, something was off. 

Mahiru and the short, violet haired demon known as Noya had gone quiet. Noya had been complaining not that long ago about Mikaela's transformation shrieks, something only black demons and progenitors could truly hear in all its ear-bleeding agony. 

"hacK!" 

Guren's eyes widened, he looks down to see her bruised face tainted with blood that trickled down the corner of her mouth. He looked around calmly, he got this far, he wasn't about to lose his head. His demon companions were nowhere to be found.

"Shit." 

He had done too much and just let it all happen, he takes the syringe and stabs in her left arm, injecting it quickly before things escalated inside Y/n's consciousness. 

"Mahiru, get out." 

But of course, she wasn't about to listen, but Noya returned back to Guren despite his rebellious demeanor. 

The girl who laid on the floor, panting for breath with various demon marks took over her body, a pair of horns gracing her the top of her head. Her demon who just moments ago was trying to take over her body lent her their power as they helped her up again. 

"Why are you in here, Hiragi?" The demon spoke at the threateningly powerful Mahiru.

"I'm simply here to end a nuisance." 

"Part of your plan wasn't to kill a trumpet." They snapped back. 

"Despite being on the verge of dying, you sure talk a lot." She sneered as she waltzed toward them with a heavenly smile, wanting to torture them to her content before removing them from the equation completely. 

Even the woman who fought against Mahiru knew she was staring death in the eyes, the thought of it scared her, leaving her unable to move. Until her demon sighed, 

"Wake up, Y/n."