Chapter Twenty Three

It had been a couple days since Jason and I had gotten into our text argument. I managed to ignore him at school, and he does the same to me. I just talk to Kerri and maybe Terrance. It's crazy, because Jason was such a big part of my life. Sometimes I find it hard to be without him. Sometimes I feel stupid as shit for not forgiving him for kissing Leslie. Truthfully, I don't think that's the only reason why I'm so upset. I just felt like he should have tried harder to take my feelings into consideration.

I'm walking home from school in the snow, and I watch the snow hit the ground. It's something about winter days that I love so much. I think to myself with a tiny smile. A car pulls over to me and drives really slow.

"You need a ride?" A deep voice drifts from the car.

No. Does it look like I was hitch hiking? I shake my head and continue walking in the snow.

"I don't bite. I swear. I just think that you're too pretty to be walking in this snow, ma."

I stop walking, and he stops the car. I don't even look at the person driving the car. "I don't talk to strangers."

"What are you? Like, three?"

I laugh and continue to walk. He drives the car slowly by my side.

"No, five, actually."

He laughs at this.

I walk pass a small grocery store. He pulls into the parking lot and parks his car. I try to pay no attention to him as he steps out the car and makes sure all his doors are locked. He jogs to catch up to me and walks beside me.

"I'm Cameron." He holds his hand out for me to shake.

"Melissa." I nervously look at him as I continue to walk.

Damn, this boy is cute! Just looking at him makes my cheeks heat up. He reminds me so much of a young Trey Songz with his brown complexion and gorgeous smile. I put my hand in his to give him a light shake, but he just holds my hand, smiling at me.

"Nice to meet you, Melissa. I told you I don't bite."

I let him hold my hand as we continue walking. I sneak a look at him, realizing he looks older than me. "How old are you?"

"Twenty-one. What about you?"

"Eighteen. I really do need to get home." I don't know why I'm trying so hard to get away from this fine specimen. I secretly don't think I'm ready to get over Jason.

"You should have took that ride that stranger tried to offer you." He wiggles his eyebrows.

I giggle, looking away from him.

"Hey, do you want to stop by a Starbucks and maybe talk a little?"

"Yes."

We continue walking hand in hand.

*****

I walk into my house with a big smile on my face. Cameron had just dropped me off at home. We only spent a couple hours together. We had exchanged numbers at Starbucks.

I take my phone out and dial Kerri's number. "Hey, girl, what's up?" She sounds tired.

"Kerri, girl, I just met Trey Songz's twin. His name is Cameron."

Kerri pauses for a second. "Wait. Are you trying to date other boys? What about Jason?"

I roll my eyes as I walk to my room. I should have never called her. I keep forgetting that her and Jason are best friends. I wonder who she considers herself closer to. Probably Jason, because he did know her a little longer than I've known her.