SURVIVE

Trigger warnings: mentions of blood and violence

Mido barely registered what was happening as she was lifted off the ground by two crewmates, holding her by each of her arms.

"No, wait! You got it all wrong, Captain!" She begged.

Her eyes were teary and desperate; they trembled as Hongjoong glared at her, menacingly.

She needed to clear the misunderstanding before she became shark food but he wasn't giving her the chance to!

He averted his eyes towards the crewmates, who stayed rooted in place waiting for their captain's next command. Mido saw him give them a slight nod, signalling them to 'continue' the process leading up to her death. Was there even a way out of this mess?

His mind was set; he was unforgiving. He didn't want to hear excuses from a person, who sneaked herself in, when he strictly forbade them not to. Who knows what her intentions were.

The hazel haired tried, so hard, to resist their grip; she struggled, violently attempting to break free from them but it was impossible, the men were too strong. Her heart dropped as she realized that she had no other option but to give in. She stopped her vain actions as she let them drag her powerless body across the deck, towards the plank, the one Wooyoung was preparing.

However, as life had finally taken pity on her and gave her a speck of hope; the crewmates were halted by a mellow voice.

"Hongjoong! What's going on?" The attention of everyone present on the deck was caught by the newly arrived.

Mido could only be grateful to whoever had, temporarily, saved her. Her gaze diverted to the same agitated man.

He had brownish-grey hair, messy; his bed hair evident as he seemed to have been abruptly woken up by the commotion made by Hongjoong. His hair colour complimented his two pristine stones of onyx that held confusion as they trailed back and forth from the girl to his captain.

His bangs were dishevelled, similarly to his crumpled night shirt that had been buttoned up, hurriedly, leaving gaps in between that revealed patches of his warm-ivory skin.

Blood rushed to Mido's cheeks as she found herself being mesmerized by the insane beauty that exuded from the man in front of her, making her almost forget her life-threatening situation.

She continued to stare at him in awe as he demanded an explanation from the platinum-haired man. His mature and composed demeanor masked the sense of panic that was starting to take a toll on him.

Hongjoong recounted the events leading up to his decisions; his rage ten-folding as he recalled what had happened. He couldn't believe that he had let down his guard and had given someone the opportunity to take a blow at him. It had never happened before, not even with the strongest of his opponents, but to think that a frail-looking girl could have done that to him; it was humiliating.

He was prideful and stubborn; his position as the captain might have somewhat spoilt him as well. His judgement was clearly clouded by his anger but was it really because he believed she had committed a menacing act towards their crew or, perhaps, was it because she had hurt his dignity?

And Seonghwa was the only one who could easily point it out. "From what you have told me. All she really did was get some food from the kitchen?"

"Did you conveniently ignore the part where I said she elbowed me in the stomach and threatened to smash a chair onto my head!?" The captain reasoned, incredulous to how his trusted crewmember could down play what he had told him.