Remus scratched behind his neck nervously, "Cassie, we need to talk."

"Okay, what's up?" she responded obliviously to his nervousness.

"I think it's best if we go sit down.." he said sheepishly.

"Um alright, can Tonks come too?" Cassie asked.

Remus nodded and the three of them made their way toward the living room. Once sat down, he bounced his leg nervously, unsure of where to start.

"Remember all those weeks ago that you asked me about your mother, but I wouldn't tell you anything?" he asked.

Cassie gave him a look of confusion, "Yeah why..."

"I've been instructed by Dumbledore to explain everything to you, so you can be warned," he began cautiously.

Cassie's eyes widened slightly as she nodded to urge him to continue on.

"Your mother's name is Amelia Selwyn. She was a Slytherin in our year at Hogwarts. For years Sirius and Amelia hated each other's guts, always out to get one another until our 6th year. He never gave all the details of what happened, but something changed between them. They didn't bicker as much and eventually they fell in love much to all of our surprise.

We were all fooled. She told us how she didn't follow her parents views of pureblood supremacy. Amelia even went as far to marry Sirius and have you. Without any of us knowing, she was secretly becoming a death eater and to prove her loyalties, she sold out to them where you, Sirius and her were living. Luckily, Sirius was able to get you two out in time, but that was when he found out where Amelia's loyalties truly were.

It was extremely difficult on all of us to find out everything with her was a lie. Even more so difficult than Peter since she wasn't cowardly like him. She simply had us fooled the whole time and once Amelia was exposed for who she was, she became as ruthless as Bellatrix. We knew it was her behind countless murders, but she remained hidden so it was assumed it was another death eater," he explained thoroughly.

By now, Cassie was crying. She always imagined her mother to be an angel of some sort while her father was the bad guy, turns out she was dealt a real shitty hand of parents.

"So, why are you telling me this now?" she said through tears.

"Because, we have reason to now think she is alive somehow which doesn't make sense to any of us. We had been in a fight with a couple death eaters when Amelia was hit with the killing curse. We watched her die, but Alastor informed us that someone saw a woman enter a death eater meeting with her exact description, leading us to believe she is somehow alive, despite it being impossible," Remus explained.

"That's who that was? My mother?!" Cassie exclaimed hysterically.

Remus looked taken aback, "You're Moody's source that spied at Borgin and Burkes?! Why? How?"

"Shit, Cassie," Tonks muttered.

"You knew about this?!" he turned to Tonks saying incredulously.

Cassie continued crying so Tonks had to speak for her.

"It was supposed to be a secret between us, Moody, and Dumbledore, but seeing as Cassie just blew her cover I guess I have to explain it to you," she began, "ever since the start of summer she has been in Auror training, she actually just finished today. Cassie will finish Hogwarts early at Christmas and at that point she will be a full Order member."

Remus' jaw dropped open in shock.

"What the fuck, Tonks. She's only 17!" he yelled angrily.

"It was my decision, my idea," Cassie said stepping in, "I went to Moody, this is what I want."

"It's dangerous, Cassiopeia!" Remus argued, "What would Sirius think?!"

"For one, I really don't give a fuck what Sirius thinks. It's what I want to do and that's final. Honestly, all of this with my mother gives me even more of a reason to do this. I'm fighting for Cedric, for everyone my mother killed, for myself. And you won't stop me," she said sternly.

"Sirius has the right to know," he said quietly.

"Sirius has the right to know nothing," Cassie snapped, "you weren't even supposed to know let alone him. The Order will know when the time is right."

"If he ever finds out I'm keeping this from him..." Remus trailed off nervously.

"He won't," Cassie said confidently, "But that's something to deal with later. Can we trail back to my murderess, death eater mother?"

Remus gulped visibly, "Well, you saw the woman, and that was an exact description of her. There aren't any other death eaters that are women who fit the description you gave, so it has to be her."

"How though? You said she was hit with the killing curse?" Tonks asked.

"My guess is as good as yours. Even Dumbledore was shocked by this, no one knows how she could have survived it seeing that no one has survived it besides Harry," he said perplexed.

Cassie let out a dry laugh, "Well isn't that fucking great. I have a death eater as a mother and a neglectful father, oh how God loves me."

"You have to be careful at Hogwarts, Cassie. If your mother is truly out there still, she may try to contact you or get to you. She's extremely dangerous, don't go after her if you find out anything at Hogwarts," Remus warned.

"My life already fucked up by allowing my father into my life, I'm not about to let my mother in who I already know will fuck it up even more," she said with no emotion.

Cassie's life was truly a shit show. All she wanted to do was celebrate her Auror training completion, yet here she was, now facing not only daddy issues, but mommy issues too.

All through the night Cassie was thinking of one thought and one though only.

'Fuck . My . Life'

YO Cassie's mother is finally revealed, what do y'all think? 👀

Back to Hogwarts next chapter, much to come during these next few months!!!

Make sure to vote and comment, always down for feedback good or bad! 🌷