47 | The Things You Do For Love

Y/N

_

"HARRY POTTER," I said sharply, "you don't look happy to see me."

Draco led me back into the school to see my friends again, just so they knew of my return. As I passed through the halls, I kept my hand clutched to the boy leading me through the crowd, ignoring the stares I received.

'She's back', or 'didn't she get expelled?' was usually the topic of conversation, but I found it easy to ignore it all when I saw three familiar faces. Hermione was the first to run up to me, wrapping me in a hug and scolding me for not returning her letters—she didn't know my mail was being watched.

Then it was Ron, who I'd seen over the summer, but this time he treated me like a friend again. Maybe it was because I wasn't so stone-cold and reserved like I was at the Burrow.

And then it was....Harry.

The raven-haired boy, who lingered behind nervously, clutching at the straps of his bag as he leaned against the side of the gate. I hadn't spoken to him since Cedric died, and...we had been fighting then.

That's why he didn't know if he was allowed to welcome me back. He had pushed me away beforehand.

"It's fifth year," I said, sticking out my hand, "all is forgiven."

Harry looked at me hesitantly, before placing his hand in mine and giving it a firm shake. There was a pause, where we just stared at each other awkwardly, but then I saw something glaze over his eyes.

It was like melting ice; a hardened shell dissolving until I could see the familiar green-specks of the eyes I had grown up with.

"Welcome back, [y/n]," he smiled, before pulling me in for a hug.

I smiled, remembering better times when we'd hug like this. Normally it was after we escaped a life-threatening situation, but this situation was perfectly fine. I had found my friend again.

"Okay, enough of this," Draco said, yanking Potter away by the collar, "no need to take up the hallway."

Hermione giggled from afar, watching as Harry was thrown out of the hug, "jealous already, Malfoy?"

"When it involves her?" The blond hissed, narrowing his eyes, "always."

I rolled my eyes in amusement, grabbing the boy's hand to make him less inclined to beat Harry up. But....seeing them like this, communicating in a friendly manner, it was enough to make me cry. They finally did as I asked! They became friends, even as dysfunctional as it was proving to be.

"Let's go, love," Draco stated, starting to drag me off, "I have so many things to show you."

As I was led away from the trio behind us, Ron let out a bewildered shout, "but what about Hogsmeade?!"

"Hogsmeade can wait!"

The first place I was kidnapped to was the library.

Which was an incredible surprise, considering the entire time before all this mess, it was the one place he complained about the most. Remember the day of the Yule Ball? He was throwing a hissy fit in the corridor because I wanted to do research about Moody instead of fooling around.

"I read this one!" Draco stated, tossing a book into my hands, "boring, but had a brilliant sub-plot."

So...basically he was just showing me all the books he read over the past year. I was glad he seemed so excited.