The Power of Six - Two

Start from the beginning

"Active for forty-seven minutes, and then they just die?"

"Not dead. Dormant, maybe." He suggested.

"Then why shut down?" Amy asked.

The Doctor shook his head. "I don't know. I don't know."

The Stone rubbed her head. "It's so stuffy in here."

"No, it's not?" The Doctor frowned at her.

"It is Sweetheart, it's making my head hurt, I'll be outside for a moment, need to think." She kissed the Doctors cheek then hurried out. "Keep thinking, something will come into that head of yours."

Amy frowned and looked from the Doctor to Jenny. Wordlessly the Time Lord nodded at Amy headed out after the other ginger.

The Stone rubbed at her eyes and looked around hearing someone walk up behind her. She sighed after realising it was the ginger human, the Time Lady relaxed and sat on the brick wall, overlooking the River Thames in the dark night. "The moment they arrived, the Doctor and I should have made sure they were collected and burned."

Amy shook her head and sat beside her. "How? Nobody would have listened." The Time Lady sighed again. Amy opened her mouth and closed it after a moment not sure what to really ask.

"You can ask me whatever question is on your mind Amy." The Time Lady stated. "The Doctor let you follow me out here for that reason, his personal information gainer." She smiled through her words. Her husband was adorable and an idiot all at the same time.

Amy sighed at the Time Ladys words, she was exactly that, wasn't she? He wouldn't let her go after the Stone otherwise. "It wasn't really stuffy in there was it?"

The Stone sat there for a couple of moments not replying to Amy before she settled on her answer. "No. No, it wasn't at all."

"What's wrong then?"

She muttered something under her breath making the human lean in closer. "What?"

She mumbled again and groaned when Amy asked for the third time, "What's wrong?"

She sighed and gently rubbed her stomach. "I think I'm pregnant, Amy, 78% sure."

Amy froze in shock before she blinked, a smile grew on her face. "Congratulations!" She tried to brighten the mood.

"Think being a keyword." She dryly added.

"78% is quite high?" Amy frowned. "It's a very high chance that you are. Best for me to congratulate you now before you go off and disappear again." She chuckled. "Next time you appear you might have a little child running around."

"No, Time Lord pregnancys are way too long, longer than the amount of time we go without you and Rory." She shook her head. "And I'm probably not though." The ginger Time Lady huffed. "Last time I wasn't, this time will be no different."

"I'm sure the Doctor will have other words to say about it."

"He's not knowing until I'm certain. You can't tell him, Amy. When I know I will know."

"But you could always be never certain." Amy crossed her arms. "He needs to know this. You clearly haven't told him so why not?

"I don't want to hurt him." She admitted. "Last time he just looked so happy and full of joy but when he saw the results he looked so broken. I can't do that to him again, Amy, I can't see him look like that."

Amy swallowed and quietly replied: "He deserves to know Stone. He's your husband the father of your potential child."

"I know." She nodded. I promise that I will tell him when I get that thing you humans call a 'gut feeling' it's a bit different with a Time Lord though, we actually feel the child inside us, some used to say it's a heartbeat, others said it was just a deep sense, kind of like how I can always sense the Doctor, we're telepathic, it's how it works. It can happen at any time, from when they were conceived, which is quite rare but possible. The further along, the more likely it is to feel them with you."