A Town Called Mercy - Two

Well I am keeping to my promise and my god did I miss the Doctor and the Stone, I've started to write small pieces for the Protector Chronicles, coming back to see the Stone after writing for the Protector and Hollie feels a little bit weird... anyways! Here's the second chapter for a town called Mercy, enjoy!

-----

"It was stupid of me, I realise that now," Jex said sitting on the edge of a table. "I just thought I'd put you all in enough danger. Perhaps if I left-"

He was cut off by an angry Time Lord entering the room with his wife. "He's lying." He said making them all look at him. Jenny's eyes brightened seeing her parents.

"Mum!" She said running up to the ginger Time Lady who tightly hugged her.

"Are you okay?" She worryingly asked.

"I'm okay but Jex tried to use me to escape. Something about the Gunslinger not shooting if I was with him."

"That won't happen." She reassured kissing the blonde's forehead.

The Doctor closely watched both of them before nodding. He could see that Jenny was okay, he turned back to Jex his eyes grew dark once more. "Every word, everything he says, it's all lies." He stepped closer. "This man is a murderer."

"I am a scientist." He protested standing up.

"Sit down." The Doctor quietly ordered. "Sit down!" He burst out shouting making even Jenny jump. The Stone placed an arm on her shoulder in comfort. "Tell them what you are."

"What am I?" He asked. "A war hero."

"Okay, somebody want to tell me what is going on?" Isaac cut in.

"The Gunslinger is a Cyborg."

"A what?"

"Half man, half machine." The Stone explained. "A weapon that Jex built. He and his team took volunteers, he told them they'd been selected for special training, then experimented on them, fused their bodies with weaponry, and programmed them to kill."

"Okay." He slowly nodded as Jenny sucked in a sharp breath in shock, a hand flew to her mouth in horror. "Why? Why would you do that, Doc?" Issac questioned.

"We'd been at war for nine years. A war that had already decimated half of our planet. Our task was to bring peace, and we did. We built an army that routed the enemy and ended the war in less than a week. Do you want me to repent, to beg forgiveness for saving millions of lives?"

"And how many died screaming on the operating table before you had found your advantage?"

"War is another world. You cannot apply the politics of peace to what I did. To what any of us did."

"What happened then?" Rory asked. "How come you're here?"

"When the war ended we had the Cyborgs decommissioned, but one of them must have got its circuitry damaged in battle. It went offline and began hunting down the team that created it until just two of us were left. We fled, and our ships crashed here."

The Doctor shook his head and turned towards his wife and daughter. Walking over to them he hugged Jenny. "I'm sorry that I scared you by shouting."

"It wasn't you shouting dad I on edge already, Jex tried to use me like a shield to help him escape."

The Doctor swallowed hard and nodded. "My Jenny." He closed his eyes. "Never would I have allowed that he would have to burn me alive to stop me from protecting you."