⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Me: Okay I'm freaking out a little now. This isn't a date but he's dressed up nice and looks so cuteee

  Isabella: You got this girl! Don't overthink it. Just have some fun.(:

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Me: Okay Okay I'll try. I'll see you when I get home.

I put my phone away and touched up my makeup before making my way out of the bathroom and to Nick. "Okay, now I'm ready. Let's go." He smiled and reached for my hand, intertwining our fingers as he lead me to his car.

We went to dinner at a pizza place that had a cool arcade area. After eating our pizza, we made our way to the arcade. "Want me to win you a prize?" Nick asked with a small smirk on his face as he gestured to the claw machine. I smiled in return, "You seem so sure you're going to win a prize. You know claw machines are rigged right?" He shrugged, "If they're rigged, then it must be rigged in my favor." I giggled and nodded yes to him. "Alright," he started as he put some quarters in the machine and took a hold of the joystick, "which one do you want." I observed the machine before us and decided to go easy on him. "How about the cute little elephant that's on top?" "You got it." Nick smiled as he attempts to get the elephant and succeeds at grabbing the elephant. He bends down to pick it up and hands it to me, his heart melting smile on display. "For my lady," he chuckles, earning a blush from me. "Geez, you weren't kidding about claw machines being rigged in your favor." I took the elephant from him and smiled as he took my hand. "I told you."

We played a few more arcade games before heading back to his car. On the drive back to my house, Nick turned down the music and glanced over at me. "Can I ask you a question?" he asks softly as he stopped at a red light. I smile reassuringly at him, "Yeah, of course." A nervous smile forms on his lips as he looks over at me. "Um.. Is there anything going on between you and Austin?" A look of confusion spreads across my face. What would make him bring this up? "What?" "He just seems irritated every time I'm around you and I just wanted to ask because I like hanging out with you, but I don't want to ruin anything that might be happening between you guys." I furrowed my eyebrows, causing him to advert his gaze. "What? there's nothing going on between us," I stated, realizing that I actually believe my own words. "We are just friends. We were working on a duet together, but that's not happening now. I think he likes someone else." A frown tugged at my lips, but I tried to maintain a neutral look.

Nick nodded as he pulled up to my house, "Okay, I just wanted to make sure because I want to go out on more dates like the one we had tonight because I think I'm starting to really like you." "I didn't know tonight was a date," I teased as I nudged him softly. I watch as he blushes and giggle, "I think I like you too, Nick." He grinned widely as he took my hand in his, goosebumps shooting up my arm. His thumb caressed mine. "Good. Let's go on another date.. Maybe Saturday night?" He raised his eyebrows at me and I nodded. "Saturday night sounds great to me." I chewed the inside of my lip and grabbed the door handle with my other hand, opening it. "I can't wait." I went to let go of Nick's hand and step out of the car, but he squeezed my hand, causing me to turn around. "Wait," he said as he licked his lips. I licked mine, too, and before I knew it, he was leaning over the center console with his lips pressed to mine. I kissed back instantly, only pulling away when we both ran out of breath. "Wow," he says, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I blush and step out of the car. "Good night," he smiles as I close the car door. "Good night," I respond, waving as he drove off.

I turned around, instantly confused when I saw Austin sitting on my front porch. He adverts his gaze from me as I take a seat next to him. "You're lipstick is a little smeared," he mumbles, looking down into his lap. I blush and use my phone camera to fix it. "What are you doing here, Austin?" I asked. "I came to tell you that we can do the competition together again. I stood up to Jimmy and he said that as long as I do some pop up concerts with Cassidy around Southern Florida, I could do the competition with you." I furrow my eyebrows, "What? Why would you do that? I told you I was fine, Austin. It's just a competition. Cassidy's clearly a better singer anyways and you have a better chance at winning with her." Austin shook his head and looked into my eyes, "I don't care about winning, and I don't want to do it with Cassidy. I want to do it with you like we originally planned." I couldn't stop the smile from forming. "Will you do it with me, Hailey?" I hid my smile and licked my lips, "Sorry, Austin. I can't. I already found someone else to perform with." I shrug and lean back, causing him to shoot straight up. "What? With who?" I giggle and shake my head. "I'm just kidding. I'll do the competition with you." His smile returns and he reaches his hand out to help me up. "Great! There's another thing I wanted to talk to you about though.." I furrow my eyebrows at his seriousness but gesture for him to continue. "Look, Hailey, I-" Austin was suddenly cut off by his phone ringing. He quickly checked it and ignored it, turning back to me to continue his thought, only to be interrupted again. Austin groans in frustration as he pulls his phone out again. "Sorry, it's Cassidy. It might be important." I nod, mumbling that he should take it. "Hey Cassidy," Austin says, answering the phone. I hear a lot of mumbling on the other side of the phone, so I walk to my front door. "Good night, Austin," I smile at him, earning a disappointed look in return. "Good night, Hailey," he whispers as I turn and go inside.