Chapter Three

"What?" I asked as they both turned and looked at me, still wide eyed. "You live here?" Dez asked as he pointed at the house. I felt a bit insecure, thinking that that there was something wrong, but still nodded. "Yeah.. Is something wrong..?" I asked as I walked past the two boys and opened the door. They followed  behind me as I walked into the living room. "No, it's amazing." Austin spoke up. Dez walked around the living room and looked and the furniture and objects it was decorated with. "Yeah, this place looks so cool!" Dez exclaimed as he started looking through some of the records my dad had in a box.

"Hailey! New friends already?" my dad says as he comes down from the top of the stairs and gives me a hug."This is Austin and Dez. Guys, this is my dad, Mark Backstur of MB records." I introduced. "THE Mark Backstur?!" Dez starts, " I admire how you formed all of the bands and singers you support to what they are now. I loved what you did with the pop band Crowded Memories. They are amazing." (A/N I came up with that  band name so if you use it, please give credit xx.)

"Nice to see someone appreciates it." My dad chuckled. We walked down the hallway, but Mark stopped us and opened the door to the arcade room. "How about you boys go play in here while I chat with my daughter?" My dad suggested. Austin and Dez both nodded and went into the room. Mark closed the door and turned to me. I smiled to my dad but he seemed upset, so my smile faded quickly. "What's up,Dad..."

-Time Skip To About An Hour Or Two Later-

I took the news very hard. I didn't want my new friends to see me, so I left them in the arcade room and went up to my room. I heard a knock at my door then  sighed softly before getting up and opening the door. It was Austin. "Uh, hey Hailey. I just wanted to make sure you were okay.." he trailed off as he looked down towards the ground and scratched the back of his neck. I nodded, " Uh yeah.. I'm fine." I flashed a quick smile but saw that he didn't buy any of it.

"Why are you lying? We are friends now. There is no need to lie..." I saw the worry in his eyes which caused me to bite my lip due to wondering if I should tell him what happened or not. "Okay.. Well, let's just say that something horrible happened in my family, and I don't think I'm ready to talk about it yet.." I went and sat on my bed, basically inviting him in to sit down if he wanted to.

He sat on the bed beside me and nodded. "I understand, some tings are just too personal to tell a total stranger." He placed his hand on mine, smiling at me reassuringly,"Well if you need someone to talk to, I'm here. Ask Dez. I'm always a great person to talk to when you are down." He rubbed his thumb slowly against mine as he spoke which soothed me. I bit my lip and nodded slowly. We looked at each other and I noticed him bite his lip also.

Suddenly, Dez came is talking about something him and my dad just discussed. When we saw him we quickly move our hands and Austin stood up off of the bed. "So, Austin, when do you want to go back to Sonic Boom? You still have to write a few more songs for the album coming out soon." Dez said as he took Austin's spot on the bed.

A/N

Sorry it took so long for an update! I have been busy with a lot of school work.