HOLISTIC EDUCATION-NEED OF THE HOUR

Education cannot be effective unless it helps a child open up himself to life"
While we all understand how crucial education is to shape the lives of our future generations, there is no denying the fact that a lot has to be done in this field.
Academic excellence alone can no longer assure success and happiness in life and career. Holistic development through education from the early stage of a child's life has become more important today than in the last century. Holistic development is a comprehensive approach in learning which aims to develop multiple facets or abilities and learning systems aim at the development of physical capabilities, intellectual abilities, cognitive or mental abilities, emotional abilities and social skills.
What children require today in schools is not just academic lessons. A schooling system that helps a child understand his or her self, emotions, and mental duress while teaching him or her how to build up healthy and functional relationships as well as develop resilience and team spirit is the true form of education.
School leaders and teachers today must ensure that school curriculum is integrated with various co-curricular activities to ensure the holistic development of students. The National Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020) has a great potential to overhaul and revamp the education system in new India of the 21st century. NEP 2020 has several segments and we have a vital role to play. There is well-thought emphasis on nurturing creativity and critical thinking along with encouraging logical decision making and innovation in the social and education domains. There are a number of path breaking provisions in NEP 2020 and educational institutions can unitedly work to brave all challenges and achieve all the targets laid in front of us. It is needless to say " When there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved in no time."