2

Chapter 2
Losing everything
I

I've been running around without anyone. I lost Avery and Mr.Smith within the same hour. God I already hate this shity world. Let me take you back before I explain where I'm at and how I got here. I had stayed at Avery's house for maybe a week or two before these people started to break in the fences and try to eat us alive. Mr.smith took care of it always though. The more that got in the more Mr.Smith felt uneasy about staying in the house. So he told us if more than 20 'people' got in we would leave that exact night. Well throughout the day more and more got in. We all packed are bags and put them into Mr.Smiths black Jeep. He hooked my car onto the back of his so we didn't waste gas. We drove out of the gate and Avery cried as she left her childhood home. I felt bad because Avery was technical the smartest in the college and the youngest. We drove around awhile. We decided to sleep in the car. We did that routine for awhile unless we needed to stop to pee or for gas. Me and Mr.smith never talked. Ever. He would stare at me when Avery went to pee and I just would look at my feet. Well a week past of doing that routine when one night I woke up to Avery screaming. I looked out the window to see her fighting off some dead guy.
B- shit Avery!
I jumped out of the Jeep and stabbed the guy in the head. Avery was bleeding. I held onto her shoulder.
B- why would you come out here
A- I had to pee and you and my dad looked peaceful
B- God why do you have to be so stupid
Her dad slowly walked out and saw Avery and quickly jogged to her. He held her wound before Avery knocked out.
B- she is going to turn
He shook his head and I turned away knowing what he had to do. The shot rang through out the woods. Fuck.
B- we should move it's going to attract the dead
He shook his head putting his daughter in my car. I stared out of the window feeling sadness take over me. I fell asleep as I felt his eyes watching me. I woke up and saw the time. It's only been 40 minutes. I looked at Avery's dad and he was gone. Door wide opened and my car and avery gone. There was blood all over. I shut the door and locked in. I sat in a ball in the cold car. I didn't eat or sleep for two days. I sat in the car blankly staring. I finally ate something. I drove around still no emotion. I felt empty. My only family that I had..gone. what the fuck. I drove till I needed more gas and when I needed to piss. I drove for a long time. I slept in a tent in the woods. I became a really good fighter. I used my tumbling skills to kill. It was easy. I figured out that the head is the only way they can die. I couldn't cry anymore about losing my only family. They were gone. I had the same clothes on ive had on since the world went to shit. I was walking around in this abandoned mall. There wasn't another even here. I made a huge noise when I came in. If there were any biters in here then I would know because they would've came and tried to eat me. I was whistling and I finally got to the store I wanted to find. Victorias secret. I grabbed abunch of bras and underwear in my sizes and threw then in my bag. Walking out of the store to see a clothing store. Yes oh God yes. This is like the jackpot. I wonder why no one broke into this before. I found an outfit I liked and went into the dressing room.

As I put my boots on i heard a whimper come from across the mall

As I put my boots on i heard a whimper come from across the mall. What the fuck is that. I grabbed my gun and walked quietly but quickly to the store the noise came from. Billy's pet store. Oh no. I walked in and I heard the bell ring. Shit. I had no idea if anything was in the store. Right as I thought it a biter came and tackled me. I finally kicked it off and went to reach for my gun that fell out of my hand. As I reached it I turned to shoot as it came closer to me. Something came out and tackled it to the floor. I stood up quickly and backed myself in a corner. I heard growls coming from the dog as it ripped the biters neck opened. The dog had finally stopped and it looked at and tilted its head. He walked to my legs sniffed me and then rubbed up against my legs. I smiled. I got onto the floor and started to pet him.

B- well are you the cutest thing

He started to wag his tale.

B- I'm not leaving you here. I'm taking you with me

I smiled at the sweet protective dog and he jumped on me. I grabbed a leash and a collar. I grabbed two bags of dog food and put it in a huge cart that was in the store. The dog followed me and even lead me to certain stores. I put my bags in the cart. The dog was sniffing around before stopping at a store. I looked up Guns and Amo. Jackpot.

B- good boy

I grabbed a treat out of a bag and gave it to him. He ate it quickly.

B- you are probably starving

I entered the store with the cart and locked the doors to the store with me and the dog in it. I poured some food on the floor. I found a bowl of ammo and dumped it on the counter. I poured some water in the bowl and set it down. I walked around the store alert. I saw a metal bat. Perfect. I grabbed a blade and a hammer. I hammered the blade in. I wrapped some Ninja stars into the bat.

I put the bat in the cart before grabbing more weapons with ammo

I looked at my watch. It's 7 thirty. I grabbed a can of spaghettios in my bag and started to eat it. I left the rest of the can for tomorrow.
I lost everything today and gained a perfect companion. I put a bag on the floor behind the counter and the dog slowly joined me. I slowly fell asleep cuddling into the soft animal. Wow I can't believe I'm here right now.