Problems

Kirstie debated on going to the show. She knew it was probably a bad idea, but she wanted to do something for Adeline to cheer her up.

She took into account all of the risks. Sighing, she went to Adeline's room.

"Hey, hun.." She walked in, sitting on her bed.

She didn't say anything, didn't look at her.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." She told her.

Adeline turned towards her, but still didn't say anything.

"I got a surprise for you." She said.

"What is it?" Adeline asked.

"I knew that would get you to talk." Kirstie laughed, making the girl smile. "But I cant tell you. Thats what a surprise is."

"Come on, get dressed." She said, getting up from the bed.

Kirstie had never seen the girl get ready so fast. Laughing, she walked downstairs, grabbing her things.

"Ready to go?" She asked.

"Yess!!" Adeline squealed.

"Let's go then." She walked out of the house and to the car.

Putting the directions in, she started driving to Brandon, Mississippi. Her anxiety rose as she pulled into the parking lot.

Taking a deep breath, she put on a smile, so Adeline wouldn't notice.

Getting out of the car, she waited for Adeline to get out so they could go inside.

She knew that it wasn't sold out, so tickets shouldn't be a problem.

Grabbing Adeline's hand, they walked inside the building. Once she had gotten the tickets, they went to their seats.

The crowd was yelling, as they always do. Kirstie smiled, missing the sound.

Adeline was in awe. She had never been to a concert, so everything was interesting to her.

Kirstie pulled out her phone, snapping a picture of the girl. Smiling, she posted it on her private Instagram.

Suddenly, the band began to sing their intro. They sounded amazing, especially with the new member. In Kirstie's opinion, that girl was probably better than her.

Once they were all out on the stage, tears welled up in Kirstie's eyes. She had good reasons for leaving, but that didn't mean that she never wanted to do it again.

* * *

During Kevin's cello solo, the guys had gotten into their Halloween costumes. When they had come back on stage, they announced that they would be singing a medley of songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

As they sung, pictures appeared behind them of their past costumes and halloween parties.

A picture of Kirstie, Scott, and Avi came on the screen. The crowd cheered, screaming Kirstie's name.

Adeline looked up at her, "Mommy! That's you!"

Kirstie nodded, "Yeah, it is."