"I'm fine mom, you know it's hard when dad brings him up." I only ever told her the top layer of Lucca and I's relationship, but she could always sense that something was up. She walks to go sit down on the edge of the bed, while I crouch down, mindlessly look through my bathing suits.

"I know bug, don't take what he says to heart. He is only trying to get you to open up to him." She tried to play devil's advocate like always, but that just made me upset. I look up at her with no emotion showing behind my eyes. I don't want her to see what I am feeling, which is complete sadness, and some betrayal. Open up to him?? There are plenty of other ways to get me to open up to him without bringing up the one person I didn't want invading my thoughts on this trip.

"I know mom," I agree, only because it will make the situation go away sooner. "I'm just going to get ready so we can leave." I give her a forced smile.

She nods, and stands up with a sympathetic soft smile. She left the room after giving me a pat on the back, and my face falls from the fake emotion portrayed, and I go back to looking through my clothes. I picked out a yellow bathing suit, which will make me look tanner.

I threw on one of my coverups, and started to pack my bag. I put my sunglasses, book, a small camera, and some sunscreen in it, and slid on my shoes. I went across the hall to see my sister wearing a blue swimsuit with white stars on it.

"Hey Oak," she says in the same tone as my mother

"Hey Oak," she says in the same tone as my mother. I guess she could tell my mood by the what she said next. "Fuck dad, he's a piece of shit for bringing him up earlier." she tells me. My sister is more upfront with things, and won't soften anything like my mother does.

My sister is my best friend, and I tell her everything. She is so supportive and a great listener, so I trust her with it all. She is the only person who knows what really happened with Lucca. She knows how he would put up a front for my parents, so they never got to see who he really was.

I shrug my shoulders as a response, trying to brush it all off. "It's whatever." I say.

She picks up on how I don't want to talk about it anymore, so she changes the subject quickly.

"Well, do you like this one, or this one?" B asked me, holding up another suit.

"The one you are wearing is cute, just wear that one." I tell her. I know if I went with the other one, she would have taken 100 years to actually get ready, because she would have kept changing her mind over and over again. She nods and throws on her cover up along with her shoes.

We both head out of her room, and she walks into the kitchen while I go back into my room.

I wanted to let Harry know that I wouldn't be on my phone today. I don't want him to think I'm ignoring him. I stared at my phone for a few seconds, and then typed a second text without thinking.

'Could I see you tonight?'

I hit send and threw my phone back on my bed and left my room without looking back. I went out into the kitchen where I found my sister and mother making the picnic meals. My father was outside, which I was grateful for. He's always had too high of expectations for me, and whenever I fail him, he makes it very apparent.