chapter twenty four

The feeling of waking up entangled with him will never be beat. His soft lips were slightly parted, as his eyelashes fluttered closed. I could tell that he was still completely asleep, and watching him look so peaceful calmed my mind instantly. Just his presence carried me to another world of feeling at home.

He had his arm wrapped around my waist, holding me as close as he possibly could, and I felt his subtle breathing wash down my face. I took my free hand, and brushed back a dangling stand of hair from his forehead. He has the softest hair.

The sun was beyond the horizon, indicating that it was way too early in the morning, but my bodily clock told me to wake up, the only light illuminating the room was from the moon through the window, which was still hung high in the sky. I've been admiring all of his features for the past half an hour: The mole on the left of his chin, the way his face slightly scrunches up as he is experiencing a dream, the subtle hum that leaves his lips as I run my fingers up and down his spine.

I could look at him all day I swear. There is something new that I notice every time I meet eyes with him. The way his front two teeth are just slightly longer than the rest, the crinkles by his eyes that only show up when he is truly smiling, even the way that his emerald eyes look up in annoyance at the stray curls that seem to always find their way to hang in front of his eyes.

I'm sucked out of my dancing thoughts of the man in front of me when I hear a buzz come from the bedside table. I carefully leaned over the beautiful boy to see his phone screen light up with one of his many notifications that I've come to realise that he gets. I wanted to make sure that he wasn't needed, so I checked to make sure there wasn't any emergency. I saw the time reading 12 past 3 in the morning, and another useless popup, so I brushed it off. 

laying back down and fitting into Harry's hold like a perfect puzzle piece, I kept admiring him as my eyes felt heavy as I was swept away by a soft dream.

-

We ran through the flowery fields for what felt like miles, but it didn't matter because he was with me. The wind blew my blonde locks behind me and out of my face, as the sun shone down on us like a spotlight. He kept his grip on my hand, pulling me behind him at his quicker pace, since his stride was quite larger than mine, thanks to my short stature.

The laughter and complete and utter joy rippling from his lips made me eager as we made our way through the beautiful crowd of daisies; the smell filling my senses and bringing me to a place of pure happiness.

Being with him brings me the same feeling.

I could see the crinkles by his eyes as he sang the words to a song I couldn't recognize. His voice was heavenly, like angels were singing from above. I could hear the faint sound of a guitar strum, sounding like it was in my head.

He began to slow down, and I felt swept off my feet as we began dancing with the petals tickling my ankles. His voice always had that effect on me, making me feel like I'm in another dimension.

He led the way, twirling me as my pure white sundress moved in the wind. He continued singing, grins etched into both of our faces, so large that the muscles cramped. I looked up as he pulled me into his chest, meeting my eyes while leaning closer, bringing his voice to a whisper.

I still couldn't pick up on what the song was, but it seemed to be sung slower than what it is intended for. He stopped our movement, bringing his hand to the side of my face. His single touch felt like a million fireworks cracking at the same time. We were so close now, I could feel his nose brush up against mine.

He kept his gaze locked in place, singing the words so quietly that I could barely pick up on the lyrics. I focused solely on that, hearing him sing so beautifully.