chapter thirty four

Oakland's POV:

Harry and I spent the rest of our day together. I don't think I would let him leave, even if he needed to. I couldn't part with him so soon, so we stayed attached at the hip for as long as we could.

He gave me that beautiful dress, and I am still in awe over the fact. I just remember the second my eyes landed on it, I fell in love, but seeing the price, I couldn't justify paying so much for a dress. I had thought I'd moved on from it, but seeing it grasped in my hands, and the note Harry wrote in his unique handwriting made it all so real.

'Wear it to something beautiful... for me.'

If I am being quite honest, I don't think anyone would live up to him, and nothing is worthy of such a beautiful dress from such a touchingly beautiful boy.

After that, when I had given him my journal, I was quite literally shaking in my boots from my shocked nerves. I didn't know how he would react, but that notebook encapsulated our time together, and held every last memory that would remain not only on this island, but in my heart and mind forever.

I wrote down, filling the pages with what seemed like endless memories that would live rent free in my thoughts. I didn't and couldn't let myself forget any moment, so I froze each one in time by loading the pages with touching words.

He told me that he loves it, and that he would cherish it forever, but my overthinking mind still causes me to believe that he thinks I am childish for writing in a silly journal, or that my feelings are too much for an island crush.

Don't worry, I taught myself to throw those thoughts into the back of my mind, so I focus on other things so that I don't completely spiral.

Since I was up so early, and Harry came over soon after, we have been together for the entire day. He promised not to leave me until the very last second that he had to, and we haven't been out of each other's sights at all.

My parents let us be by ourselves, since they knew that this would be a little hard on me when the time comes. Plus, they are still quite upset over Grams. My mother has been sort of running around all day, trying to get things sorted, since the second that we get off the plane, they are dropping my sister and I off at our house, and going straight to the hospital.

I still can barely imagine Grams in a hospital gown, laying in bed so weak, since she is quite seriously the strongest woman I know besides my mother. She really raised quite the woman.

It doesn't feel real that I am leaving so soon, and I kind of imagined that we would just stay here forever. The only things I am excited for to be back is seeing my dog, and sleeping in my own bed. Maybe that will help me relax.

I feel like I have been dreaming, and I will wake up soon cuddled up next to my doggy, hearing my alarm blaring for me to get ready for school.

How am I supposed to go into my senior year of highschool after this? How am I supposed to just go on in life, living how I did before. Harry changed me in this short time, and it doesn't feel right to end it all here.

I will have to walk the same halls, talk with the same friends, and sit in the same boring classes that I used to, but this time, my mind would still flood with memories of him.

Him.

My Harry.

Oh what will I do without him? It is as if he knew me better than myself, as if he already knew what I was thinking ten steps ahead. My heart longs for more time. Just one more day.

We left the house, heading out to the beach for one last day in the sun. Since I had already packed up my things, including a bathing suit, I had to get Harry's assistance in unpacking my, already bursting at the seams, suitcase so that I could wear one just one last time.