chapter six

"B.. hey B what's up?" I asked. She was acting a tad weird, and walked out of the building without saying a word after pulling me away from Harry.

"There were just some creepy guys in there. I felt really uncomfortable, and had a feeling that we should've left." she explains, a few steps ahead of me.

We, as girls, have to be pretty serious and pay attention when out at things like this. I can't blame her for pulling me away, since she just wants us to be safe.

"Plus it's past 2am, so we needed to get home soon anyways." she adds. I nodded in response, looking down at my sneakers sulking.

"I just wish I could see him again." I say more to myself in a whispered tone. I didn't think that B would hear me, but she stopped abruptly and turned around to me.

"Oakland. It's 2020. Just find him on instagram or twitter." She said as if it was obvious. Hmm, I really didn't think of that. I will have to wait until I get home, since I left my phone there, considering I don't have any data.

We trailed our way back home, small talking about the night. Byerly telling me about the sweet girl that she met. I shared my experience with Harry, and about how I was drawn to the stage by his singing. His voice was so unique and I knew instantly that it was him. He has some sort of hold over me, and I can't seem to get him out of my head. I'm quite glad that I couldn't though, because maybe running into him was fate.

Stop Oakland. That shit only happens in the movies.

We walk up the driveway, sneaking around my parents window to head to my room. We slide smoothly though the glass door, and Byerly heads out. She first goes to the kitchen to 'get some water' and then goes to her room. She knows that if she just went into her room, then my parents could raise suspicion on why she was out of her room for no reason. So she created a reason.

I got undressed and changed into some pyjamas, and slid right into bed. I picked up my phone that was charging on the nightstand, anxiously flipping through my notifications. I finally responded to all of my texts and whatnot, and built up the courage to search his name into the instagram searchbar. Hundreds of people pop up, considering Harry is a pretty popular name, but I scrolled down and finally found him.

Hey Harry.

What if he is still at the club? He probably found another girl by now and forgot about me. What if he is drunk and never sees my text? What if lost his phone and can't respond? My brain is overloaded with these 'what-ifs' and I am struggling to bring myself to reach out.

C'mon Oakland, grow a pair and just do it.

After staring at his name for what felt like 10 minutes, I clicked on it and started typing.

'Hey Harry! I found your insta and thought I should reach out!' I type up, but instantly delete it.

Sounded a bit creepy how I just found his instagram. I struggle to think of things to say, continuously deleting and retyping something every time. After 5 minutes of this, I finally give up and throw my phone on the side table. I let out a big huff of self disappointment, and flick off the lights. Since it was around 3am I should really be going to sleep, but I can't seem to get Harry to escape my thoughts. I lay there for a while, attempting to fall asleep, but after a bit I just got annoyed. I sit up and reach down into my backpack that holds my computer. I grab it and open it up to Netflix. A little TV wouldn't hurt.

I turned on my comfort show, American Horror Story, and started playing the first season. Tate is so hot in this season, and it helps rid my mind of any lingering thoughts. I soon drifted off to sleep, not even getting the energy to shut my laptop.