prologue & characters

Prologue

“Karan, what are you saying?? Don't do this to me!"

"I have no choice Pragya, our marriage is never going to happen." 

"Everything was fine between us, what happened? Why are you doing this to me?"

"Pragya, dad asked me to move to London to look after the business and he fixed my marriage with one of his partners’ daughter, Diya."

"What?? And you agreed?"

"Then what? I can't go against him. Moreover, my family wouldn't allow me to marry a girl who can't give them a grandchild."

"Karan..."

"Truth Pragya. It’s the truth. You can't conceive."

"Karan.....How could you say that? Is that my fault??"

"I didn't say that. What I mean is, I can't go against my family."

"Karan...."

"Sorry Pragya. It’s over."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

"What? Do you have any idea what you are saying?" 

"Abhi, you have to do this, not only for yourself but also for your daughter."

"But mom..."

"Abhi..Nivi is just six months old. Can you take care of her alone?" 

"How am I alone? You are here, Alia is here and I can hire people for Nivi." 

"But for how long Abhi? She is a baby Abhi, understand. Raising a child as a single parent is harder than you can imagine. There will be times when she’ll need a mother. Without the love and support of a mother she will be the one living the toughest life." 

"But mom..." 

"End of discussion Abhi. Marry Pragya."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Main characters

DCP Abhishek Mehra IPS :