Seventy Three

Marcus' POV

I've done jack shit all day. What is there to do? It's not like I can go and see my girlfriend. Now ex girlfriend? Friend? Mate? I don't even know what to call her anymore. It was so much simpler when we were together. But as always I fuck up. And I take full responsibility to what happened with Christina. Yes, I didn't kiss her first, but I still did. So I cheated on Emilia, the girl I love to death. I promised her after Damien cheated on her all those many months ago that I was different. That I was not like him. I promised her that I wouldn't cheat on her or do anything to hurt her. But I guess I can't keep promises.

I know I shouldn't beat myself up about this because I know that it was a mistake and that if she truly loves me, she'll come back. But it's just hard not too when she could've been in my arms right now.

I am staring out into space, thinking about Emilia, when my phone starts ringing. I don't even look at the caller ID, I just answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Marcus." Emilia says and my heart drops.

"Uh, hey Emilia, what's up?" I ask and she sighs.

"I just, I know we need to be giving each other space and all that, but at training everyone will know that we broke up or are taking a break if we don't act somewhat normal around each other." She says.

"Okay." I say, wondering what she'll say next.

"So I was thinking that we should still talk while at training and act somewhat normal. Only if you're okay with it." She says

"Of course I'm okay with it." I say and I hear her sigh a sigh or relief.

"Thank you." She says.

"No, it's fine Em. You know we can't stay away from each other." I say with a smile and she laughs.

"That's true."

"Well, I'll see you Thursday then?" I ask.

"Yep." She says and I sigh.

"Thanks for calling. It was good to hear your voice, and to know you're doing okay." I say.

"Yeah, and you too." She says, then we hang up and I have a massive grin on my face. Baz comes down the hallway and sits down next to me on the couch, he looks at me and frowns.

"What's up with you? Did you win the lotto or something?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Nope, even better." I say and he raises an eyebrow.

"What did Emilia say she wants you back?"

"Not exactly." I say and he frowns again.

"Then what?"

"She called asking if we can act somewhat normal while we're at training, so that no one knows we've broken up." I say and Baz nods.

"Okay, so what you're going to be all over each other again?" Baz asks and I shake my head.

"No, just like friends. Not even, maybe casual conversations during training." I say and he nods.