One Hundred and Ten

The next day I get up around the same time to go and meet Amber at the Coffee Club.

I find it weird how like I'm going out again, just this time with a girl I haven't seen in over 4 years. I know I shouldn't be overthinking this, but I feel like she's just using me to get to something. She did it in high school, that's why we stopped being friends. But because I'm such a nice person, I love to give people second chances, so I am meeting her for a coffee.

Again, I stayed the night at Marcus' house because he didn't want me to leave and I of course gave in as always.

Before I leave I place a kiss on his cheek and he smiles.

"Have fun." He says in his sleepy voice and I smile.

"Thanks, I'll be back before you know it." I say which makes him smile. I walk downstairs where I see Dunks sitting on the couch.

"DUNKS! YOU'RE HOME!" I yell jumping over the couch next to him and giving him a half hug and he laughs.

"Hey Em." he says with a smile and I return the smile. I look at his arm to see that it's resting in a sling. The poor boy can't do anything with his right hand.

"How's the shoulder?"

"Yeah it's alright, still a bit sore, but I'm on pain killers." He says and I nod.

"Well, it was nice chatting to ya, I'm off." I say getting up which makes him laugh.

"And where exactly are you going?"

"To catch up with a long lost friend, her name is Amber." I say and he smiles.

"Well, have fun." he yells as I walk out the door.

The drive to the Coffee Club is literally 5 minutes, I could've walked there if I wanted to, but why not just drive there, since it's easier.

I park in an empty spot and head into the cafe.

I am the first one there, so I take a seat at the table and wait. I start to get worried when it's 10 been 10 minutes but surely enough, Amber walks through the doors. She spots me and smiles, heading over to the table and taking a seat.

"Hey." She says

"Hey!" I say smiling

"So, finally a proper catch up." She says and I laugh.

"Literally!"

"I'm glad we've done this though, I have missed having some true friends in my life." She says and I nod.

"Yeah, I can't believe they just left you." I say and she nods.

"So, I heard you're dating the famous Marcus Bontempelli."

"Yep, I sure am."

"And, how is he?"

"He's good, such a good boyfriend. I couldn't have asked for anyone better."

"Awww, that's so sweet." She says and I smile.

A waitress comes and we order our coffee's. While we wait for them to come, we continue talking about mainly footy players. I don't know why, but I am getting this weird vibe that she just wants to get close to me because she wants to date a footy player and become virtually famous from dating them, even though she has said a number of times that, that's not the case.