surprise - jace norman

"You're gonna what?" My best friend asked, following me throughout the set, looking for a certain someone. 

"I've already explained to you this plan over and over. How many times do I have to tell you?" I ask her peaking around a corner, checking if the coast is clear. 

"Until it doesn't sound crazy! You're sounding crazy!" She screamed, making me shush her and put my hand over her mouth. She removes my hand and wipes her lips. 

"Your hand tastes like metal." She whispered, sighing when she watches me make a run for it to another hiding spot. 

"I just don't understand why we're doing this. Is there a reason for this?" She asked, making me turn around to look at her. 

"I'm going to explain this to you one more time, and listen carefully." I say, and she nods. "Jace thinks that I'm in Canada right now, and won't be home for another 3 weeks."

She nods understanding. 

"Okay? And I want to make this a surprise that I'm home early while he's working, so he's completely off guard. So, we're trying to get to his dressing room without anyone seeing us, or else people will tell him I'm here. And if they see you, they will also conclude that I am here." I finish. "You get it?"

"Yes,  why didn't you just say that in the first place?" She asked putting her hands on her hips. 

"I did!" I whisper yelled, turning back around and check to see if there were any people. 

"Now, we're only halfway across the set, and it gets harder because there is less places to hide. This is where I leave you my friend." I put a hand on her shoulder.

"What, you're leaving me here?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows. 

"We can't both hide in tiny places. And besides, I'm surprising my boyfriend. Not you." 

She shrugs agreeing, and sitting down on the floor against the wall, hiding. "Good luck." She said grabbing her phone and opening Instagram. I give her a thumbs up, and break for the closest hiding spot. 

I hear people coming, and I duck behind a fake tree. This was a lot harder than I thought this would be. I continue to move forward, with no one seeing me. 

I then see his dressing room, that had his name on it. Hoping that he wasn't in there right now, I run towards the door, opening it quickly and shutting it. 

Lucky for me, no one was in here. I pat myself on the back, proud of my excellent sneaking and hiding skills. No one saw me, and this was the perfect surprise for Jace. 

I haven't seen him in almost two months. We were both busy filming for our shows, that we never had time to visit each other. 

And I was so eager to see him sooner, that I got the producers to let me go home early because we were ahead schedule for filming. I lay on the couch, waiting for him to get done doing whatever he was doing. 

To pass the time, I get on TikTok. 

After thirty minutes, I see the handle jiggle, meaning that Jace was coming in. 

But to my surprise, it wasn't Jace. It was Sean. 

"Y/N?" He said shutting the door, and walking in. 

"Sean? What are you doing in Jace's dressing room? Where is Jace?" I ask standing up from the couch. 

"Jace just went home. He was done for the day, and didn't need to come back here." He said and I smack my face. 

"Noooo! I was supposed to surprise him on set cause I came home early, and it was going to be all cute. Ughhh." I say sitting down on the couch. But then I look up at Sean. 

"Wait, why are you in here?" I ask him, raising my eyebrow. 

"Jace has good snacks." He shrugs his shoulder, going towards one of the cabinets. I sigh, and grab my purse.

"I guess I'm going to Jace's house." I tell him. "And grab my friend." 

"Okay, happy you're home Y/N! Also, don't tell Jace that I took a snack." He said to me and I wave my hand saying whatever. 

Instead of dodging and hiding, I just went straight to where my friend was. I can't believe he went home. He ruined my cute plan!

"Y/N?" I hear behind me, making me stop in my tracks when I hear that familiar voice. Turning around, I saw Jace looking at me likes he's seen a ghost. So much for him going home. 

I run up to him, hugging him tightly while he picks me up, spinning me around. 

"Oh my god! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Canada!" He said setting me down. 

"We were ahead on filming, and I wanted to come home early. I wanted to see you." I say wrapping my arms around his neck. 

He kisses me passionately, holding onto me tightly. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming to set?" He asks breaking the kiss, still holding onto me like I would disappear.

"I wanted to surprise you, so I snuck into your dressing room, and you weren't there. And then Sean told me you went home." I say. 

"Yeah, I was about to, but I'm glad I didn't." He said. 

"I'm glad you didn't either. I don't think I could have waited another fifteen minutes when I drove to your house." I tell him and he smiles. 

"If we were at my house right now, I would do a lot more than kiss you." He whispered in my ear, making my knees go slightly weak. 

"Then what are we waiting for? I'll tell my friend to drive home, and we'll go together." I tell him, and he nods. I let go, but Jace was still holding onto me. He kisses me again, making the butterflies in my stomach come back. 

"Perfect." He said against my lips, grabbing my hand. I smile looking into his eyes and then pulling him towards where my friend was hiding. 

"Wait." He said stopping us, making me look back at him. 

"Why was Sean in my dressing room?"