Chapter 18- Blues Clues

"FOUND IT! I knew you had some laying around!" "You knew I had some around because you bought AND stashed it." "Okay well, where or who it came from doesn't really matter," I say as I swing the bag of hair dye around above my head, "what colour are you thinking?" "Look, I'll be honest Jodey, you're like a sister to me, I trust you more than anything, but are you sure we shouldn't get this done professionally?" Taylor's eyes shift away for a second and then focus on the hair dye I've lined up on the counter. "Since when are you one for doing things the 'proper' way? And besides, I've done this at least once before hand, it'll be fine." I try to sound as reassuring as possible, easing her worry.

                 *half and hour later*

     "...It looks...um...well...the hair looks good...it's just uh...I regret not applying coconut oil to your skin..." "JODEY MY FOREHEAD IS BLUE AND IT WON'T COME OFF!" "Well, it's dye so no wonder it won't come off, and it's really not that noticeable...if that makes you feel better...you live and you learn, that's the joy of life Taylor, learning...on that note, I'm gonna go find the coconut oil..." Taylor then gives the worst side eye she's given me since I accidentally gave her the directions to the wrong store and she ended up 45 minutes out of town.

        *Another half and hour later*

      "I actually really like it!" "Right! Purple is so your colour! And your SKIN isn't BLUE." "Well, my skin would be purple not blue...but message received. I do wish we hadn't stained the white shower though..." "It's fine, it's our bathroom anyway." Just then keys can be heard in the front door, Simon was just returning. "To the kitchen we go...you know what?" "Hm?" "You kind look like blue, from Blues Clues?" "Wow, thanks, I've always aspired to be...a dog?" "I was thinking blues more of a detective, but your dream is your dream." We giggle as we walk into the kitchen to find it empty. 'Simon went straight to his room then, odd.' Pulling the island stool out, I sit and watch Taylor, who's decided to roll a lemon around the counter-top.

      "I'm ba...ck...., I've missed something haven't I?" Simon asks, obviously confused. "Uh, no, not really, just hanging out, staining skin and shower floors. The usual." "Will you let that go? Could you even tell that her forehead was blue when you walked in Simon?" "Um, no, not really, but what about shower floors now?" "Nothin'...anyyywhoooo, where ya beeeeennn?" "Yeah, where'd you go off to this morning?" Taylor and I have learned by now, if the both of us ask, we'll more likely than not, get a truthful answer. "Why the sudden interest in my personal life?" Simon asks, definitely hiding...something... "Well, you're my Uncle, why wouldn't I take an interest in your life?" "Uh huh, and what's your excuse Jodey?" "I've never needed and excuse before, why need one now? I mean, if you want one, I'm just nosy." Obviously our plan isn't working, getting the truth from Simon usually isn't this difficult.

      "Thank you for being honest, but, my business is my business. I don't have to share everything with you girls." "Yeah, you've got a point, but Taylor is Blue now, so she's legally a detective." I keep my tone steady, hopefully my confusion attack will land damage. "Yeah, so that makes you Steve right?" "She's not my owner or handler! We are equal!" 'Taylor is oddly in-secure with the whole blues clues joke...even worse...he knows what blues clues is, meaning I can't use confusion to my advantage....damn.

YOOOOOOOOO sorry for the long break, I'm trying seriously I am. Any feedback on this chapter is appreciated, to me, this chapter has a different feel to it so feedback would be lovely! Thanks for reading, happiness to you and yours, JO x.