Chapter 19- You Do Tax Fraud?

"Damn Taylor, insecure much." I smirk. In return, Taylor gives me her famous 'we've talked about this, you know how that makes me feel' look.

     "Girls, why don't you both settle down and go clean the stains off your shower floor." Simon said, trying to ease a small bit of tension. "How do you know it was our shower floor and not yours?" Taylor asks. "Yeah, what do you have cameras installed in the house?" "No, I took an educated guess... I also passed your bathroom on the way back. Do you really think I wouldn't notice a blue and purple floor?" Simon states, very matter-of-factly.

     'Somethings definitely off.' Rather than responding, Taylor and I head off to our bathroom. Leaving Simon alone in the kitchen. I open the cabinet under the sink and grab the cleaning paste and a sponge and hand her a scrub brush and a pair of cleaning gloves.

     "What's up with him today? He's really killing the vibe." Taylor asks as she dips her brush into the paste. "I bet it has something to do with whatever he went to do earlier this morning. He's being rather secretive about it." "I bet he's committing tax fraud!" Taylor yelled. I stopped scrubbing to look at her. "It's not even tax season?" "It's never too early to start tax frauding." "Sounds to me like you've thought about committing tax fraud, Taylor. THAT'S IT!" I eject, beginning to scrub again.

     "What? What's 'it'?" "Your new nickname! Move over Blues Clues, Tax Fraud Taylor's in town!" "God, please no." Taylor begs. "It's catchy! Guess you shouldn't have committed tax fraud, eh?" "I haven't." " 'It's never too early to start tax frauding!' " I quoted her own words back to her. "Why do I even talk to you?" She asked, desperately looking for a reason she actually talks to me, while I just smile and laugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Sup, I'm back! This chapter feels short and just a little off to me, I'm trying to get back into the groove of writing again, once again, suggestions welcome, same for any constructive criticisms.

-Jo xx