𝟭𝟴. 𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗦

Start from the beginning

"Don't be rude to our guest," Y/N's mom scolds her. "Anyways, I'm happy that you came Kunimi. Y/N has been stuck inside the house all day since she doesn't have school. Thank you for keeping her company. I should get going now before I'm late for work!" She grabs her bag and whispers to Y/N before she leaves. "Don't forget to use protection."

Y/N cringed as her mom bid her goodbyes and left the two alone. Her mom knew about her past huge crush on Kunimi but she forgot to mention that she's moved on from it. She turned her attention back to the nervous boy who was fidgeting in his seat.

"What are you doing here?" Y/N bluntly asks after a few seconds of silence. "Don't you have school?"

"I do," Kunimi rubs his nape. "But I want to spend as much time as possible with you."

Y/N wasn't sure to believe him or not. She thought that he was using that as an excuse to skip out of school or something. Then a certain brat came to her mind. "Don't you have a girlfriend?"

"We broke up yesterday," Kunimi responds. Y/N's eyes went wide at the sudden breakup but changed her expression before Kunimi could see. Y/N was surprised that Kunimi actually did something about Watanabe for once.

"Oh." Y/N began to think how easily Kunimi dropped Watanabe for her in such little time and it didn't make her swoon. It made her think that he could do the same to her if she gave in. "So you broke up with her just like that? Tsk."

"There's more to it. She was toxic," Kunimi sighs. "I never had a real reason to finally break everything up until now."

Kunimi began to explain to Y/N how toxic Watanabe was

Kunimi began to explain to Y/N how toxic Watanabe was. He told her that Watanabe would flirt with his senpais behind his back, got extremely jealous if Kunimi ever talked to a girl no matter what the conversation was, and would use anything against Kunimi in order to appear innocent during an argument. "Why didn't you just break up with her from the start?"

"Because I thought she would be the only one who would like me and I didn't believe there would be someone else," Kunimi looks down. Kunimi felt that he wasn't the type to attract girls and so he thought that he would never have the luck of getting a girlfriend again which is why he dealt with Watanabe. And Watanabe did not make his insecurities any better. She constantly reminded him of them and would sometimes compare him with others.

Y/N tried her hardest to not feel pity for the boy because if she did, she knew she would gain feelings. "Um, well good for you for finally getting rid of someone toxic in your life."

"Thanks," he looks up into her gentle (e/c) eyes. They stared at each other for a few seconds before they both looked away in an opposite direction.

"I see you kept your hair part in the middle," Y/N says, making Kunimi smile knowing that she noticed the change.

"Yeah. After you told me it looks better split in half, I kept it that way," Kunimi says. Y/N wasn't used to Kunimi talking to her this much before. He always used to be so dry or avoided making conversation with the girl in the past. "Why did you leave so suddenly?"

"It's not as if you cared," Y/N scoffed. "Remember that day where I told you how good you looked with split hair? It was the same day you completely broke my heart."

"I regret it every day," Kunimi frowns. He did in fact regret it EVERY DAY. He always wished to turn back time and change everything. He frustrated himself every time he thought about that day and what he said to Y/N.

"You shouldn't," Y/N says which surprised Kunimi. "If you hadn't said that then I wouldn't have gone to America and became the middle blocker that I am now. I also wouldn't have learned what my worth really is. If you hadn't said that then I would most likely still be the same pathetic lovesick puppy that followed you around."

"I still feel horrible about it. I was too har-"

"It's whatever," Y/N interrupted him as she shrugs. "You can't change the past Kunimi, no matter what it was. All you can do is learn to move forward."

"If I can't do anything about the past," Kunimi places his hand over hers, which makes her flinch at his touch. "Then I will do something about the present."

If this happened to Y/N in the past, she would have melted on the spot. But like she said before, she learned to move forward. She moved her hand away, making Kunimi frown. "Did you really mean what you said yesterday? That you will wait for decades for me or are you all talk?"

"I meant it," Kunimi steps closer to Y/N. He definitely grew more since she last has seen him. She didn't like looking up to people because it made her feel inferior so she averted her eyes from his face. "I will wait for you as long as it takes. You're the one that I love."

~( AUTHOR'S NOTE )~

~( AUTHOR'S NOTE )~

thank you for 19k reads!!!!

i will try to work more on this story since it's the most popular out of all of my stories <3