32-Dancing to Death

Start bij het begin

"No? Are you crazy? I have so much work to get done!"

"Please! Just one day. No classes. Just you and me," He said and gave me puppy dog eyes.

"But-"

"But nothing. We'll have a you and me day. We haven't had one since we got back and I miss you," He said and kissed me cheek.

"Because you are always running around and keeping secrets," I pointed out. 

"Just one day," He said, ignoring my point.

"Fine," I gave in and his face lit up. "I love you," He said and smiled.

"I love you more."
"I would suggest you two stop flirting. This paper is due in a few minutes," Professor Slughorn said, approaching our desk. He left and I looked down at our blank parchment.

"You distracted me!" I whined.

"You loved it."
We were dismissed and we just didn't turn anything in. I suppose one zero couldn't hurt.

"Come on," Draco said and grabbed my hand and pulled me with him to the common room. "Put your bag away. I'm going to grab something," He said and I quickly ran up to the girls' dormitory and set my bag on my bed. I left and saw Draco waiting for me with his broom. "Ready?" He asked and I nodded.

"Why do you have your broom?" I asked and gulped knowing we were going flying again.
"You'll see," He smiled and we went upstairs to a large window. He opened it quietly. I peered behind us to make sure no teachers were there to catch us.

Draco then performed the disillusionment charm on the both of us so we couldn't get caught.

"Hop on," He said after mounding his broom.
"Okay," I replied and slowly got onto the broom.

"Hold on tight," He said and I hugged him as tight as I could. I heard him laugh for a second before we flew out the window.
I looked out on the beautiful horizon and saw birds flying and trees swaying from the wind.

We flew through the quidditch pitch and soared through the forbidden forest. We finished on the roof of Hogwarts.

He stopped and helped me down. I almost stumbled down due to the adrenaline pumping through my body.

"Careful," He said, holding me up. He set his broom down and we both sat down next to each other.

"That was amazing. Thank you," I said and snuggled close to him.
"I thought since you had the tour of London, why not Hogwarts?" He smiled.

"You're sweet," I said and looked off into the distance.

"You know that dumb dance is tonight," He began to say.

"Yeah."

"Would you like to be my date?" He asked and I almost jumped up and down from excitement. Of course, I couldn't because I would have fallen off of the castle.

"Of course!" I said and hugged him tightly. He kissed my forehead, then lifted my chin and kissed me.

Time skip

I slipped on my long green dress and looked into the mirror. I haven't worn a long dress like this in a long time. I also haven't had to wear long sleeves for a bit. Everyone knows me and Draco were death eaters. It spread like wildfire. It was no use to try to cover it up any longer.

I sighed and started to do my makeup. I wanted to look perfect. Well, as close as I could get to perfect. I put on some light concealer on my face, then added some blush. I did my eyeliner then added some mascara. For my hair, I just curled the ends, and then I was done. Satisfied with how I looked, I left the bathroom.

"Tighter!" Pansy shrieked as Clara tightened Pansy's dress. I decided to just ignore them as I slipped on my black heels but of course, she had to say something.

"Let me guess. Your date is Draco? Well, now everyone hates him so stop trying to show off," Pansy said, gasping for air. "Tighter!" She screamed at poor Clara.

"I think this is as tight as it goes."

"Tighter!"

I hurried out of the room to find Draco waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

"Wow. You look gorgeous," he said and our eyes met.

"Thanks," I said shyly. "You look handsome," I said and kissed him.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked and held out his arm. I linked my arm with his and we walked to the great hall for the ball.

When we walked inside, there were blue table cloths on the tables, magical snowflakes falling from the ceiling, and the music was blaring. It looked amazing.

He led me to the dance floor and we danced for hours.

Finally, a slow song came on.

Draco put his hands on my waist and pulled me close to him. I snaked my arms around his neck and he leaned his forehead on mine. We swayed back and forth to the music.

"I love you. You know that right?" He asked.

"Of course I do. I love you more," I replied and pecked his cheek.

"I would do anything to protect you, no matter what. Okay?" He said softly and I nodded.

"What are you talking about? Is everything okay?" I asked and looked up into his eyes.

"Everything is fine, Princess. Stay here," he said and kissed my forehead before leaving the great hall. Where was he going? I was going to follow him but I decided he'd most likely get mad and I trust he's just going to the bathroom or something. I sat down by myself at one of the tables.

"Looks like the mudblood lover got ditched!" Pansy laughed and walked away with Blaise. She makes me sick.

I sat and waited. It felt like hours even though I know it's only been a few minutes. I sighed. Where could he be?

Then, I heard a scream and people started panicking. I quickly stood up to see what was going on.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Someone screamed.

"Draco Malfoy killed Harry Potter!" Another screamed.

My heart sank. Did he really do it?

I pushed through the crowd and saw Harry laying on the floor. Draco was standing next to him with his wand in his hand and a horrified look on his face.

"To your dormitories at once!" Professor McGonagall ordered and people hurried out. Draco grabbed my hand and pulled me with him.

"Draco let go of me," I said but he didn't listen. He pulled me into a fireplace and threw floo powder on the floor yelling, "Malfoy Manor!"

"He's getting away!" I heard someone yell before we arrived at the fireplace of Malfoy Manor. How did we get here? I thought floo powder and apparition couldn't happen in Hogwarts.

"I can't believe you!" I said and pushed him off me. I stormed out of the fireplace.

"Evanora, calm down," he said.

"You- you promise you wouldn't do it!" I yelled and started crying.

"Look baby, please. I had to. He would have killed us," he pleaded. I stormed up the stairs and into the room I usually sleep in when I come here.

When I got inside I saw all my things and Cookie sitting on my bed. How did my stuff get here? Did he plan this?

I threw one of my books against the wall and pushed my hand through my hair. I sat down on my bed and cried. How could he promise something then turn around and break it?

Cookie cuddled up in my lap and purred as I pet her. I laid back and started crying. Way too many things were going through my mind and it didn't help that all I could hear was Bellatrix's laughter from downstairs.

"Draco killed Harry Potter!" She chanted and laughed. I grabbed a pillow and covered my ears trying to tune it out.

A/N: Happy Sunday! Thanks for reading! 

Much love

-nessa <3