CHAPTER 5- THE WEDDING DAY

Jesse POV

Nakahiga na ako sa higaan at nagsimula na ulit akong magtanong kay kuya.

"Kuya answer me, do you know this frraking idea to slove their problem?" Tanong ko.

"Honestly, yes. Dad's just explained me it to me this morning" sambit ni kuya. He's just looking at the wall.

"Wh...what do you mean?" Tanong ko dito.

" I know that the company's struggling from financial problem and that we needed help. But i didn't know that their planning you and james to get married to merge the company. Until this morning, dad told me everything" sambit ni kuya.

"Why does we need to get married?" Tanong ko dito.

"Dad will let them loan money from our bank how much money they needed to save the company and they will return it but they will add 50% para masave naman ang company natin. But they had to sign the agreement" sambit ni kuya ng putulin ko ang sinasabi nito.

"The agreement that me and James would be contractually married for five freaking years" sambit ko.

"Yes" sagot nito.

"Pero bakit kaylangan mauwi sa contract marriage? si dad ba ang nakaisip nito?" Tanong ko.

"No, Jesse, dad wasn't thinking about that" sagot nito.

"Then why does it need to end like that?" Nagsisimula nang pumatak ang luha ko dahil di ko talaga matanggap.

"In the industry, you need to be smart. You have to always think ahead and find a better idea everytime you are facing crisis. They always ended up with this idea for the future. Dad loves the company as well as he loves you Jesse. This company holds a lot memories for him. It was the family's legacy. It's the same company where his grandfather met his wife ganun din si dad. This company meant a lot to him. He will do his best to save his company" sambit ni kuya.

"Yeah. Kahit na ipamigay ang sariling anak just to save his company" pinupunasan ni kuya ang lahat ng luha na tumutulo sa mga mata ko.

"No Jesse, kung papipiliin si daddy kung company o ikaw, he would always choose you Over anything else in the world" sambit ni kuya.

I Wiped my tears and bite my lip as i look a him.

"You know why?" Tanong ko dito.

He pulled me into An embrace. His way of comforting me when i am afraid and crying....even when we were young. He always hugging me tightly.

He will just hold my hand and sometimes cry along with me, murmuring things just to stop me from crying....unti i fall asleep. And now, we're in the same situation.

"Because he knew that if you're married with James, alam n'yang safe ka at di ka pababayaan ni James kase magkaibigan kayo diba. Di na sya mag aalala na baka ilayo ka samin" sambit ni kuya na lalong nagpagaan ng loob ko.

"But, this marriage is just fake!" Sambit ko.

"It's not. It's a legal contact marriage. It means, may madadagdag na isa sa pamilya na magaalaga at magpoprotekta sayo. James is a good man." Muling sagot ni kuya.