🍸 Underneath | The | Surface | 🍸

****

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

****

****

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

***

"Hey Y/n can you come for a sec? I've been dying to ask you for an opinion on this dish."

"Thatch," I sighed and scooped myself closer to the brunette, "is this one of your dangerous experiments by any chance? You know, I don't particularly enjoy playing the role of a lab-rat. I'd rather eat something edible... And not life threatening, if I may be a bit daring with my wishes."

He clasped his lips in a pout that only he could manage to create, without making it look silly. He actually resembled a large baby... With a quite visible stubble. "My dear, when did I ever try to assassinate anyone? Never. So," he dipped the spoon into the large brownish mess on the plate and forced it into my direction, "open wide. Only the best ingredients for the most judgmental and stubborn teenager on the whole planet."

"I'm not that judg-

Mm mm!" Thatch took the initiative and shoved the strange looking dish directly in my mouth. I flinched in surprise, but somehow managed to feed my palates with the delightful flavor... Though the appearance was off-putting, I was quite overwhelmed by the taste.

After I gulped down the rest, I punched the jerk and immediately went for the whole glass of water. "Do that one more time, you giant ape... I will be most generous with my next punch." It was clear how the wound hurt him like hell, so during his self-distraction, I took the heavy weight from his hands and put the plate before me. "I must say. You sometimes create the most traumatizing-looking dishes, but the taste... It never ceases to amaze me. Truly admirable."

"Oh? So you DO like it!" he exclaimed in delight and I couldn't help myself but to laugh.

"Of course! With taste itself, you are eligible to compete with my dad. But in decor and appearance," I narrowed my eyes at the bloop. It resembled more and more a huge slimy monster from the depths of the sea. Luckily, I restrained myself from sharing my opinion out loud. Thatch was more of a delicate flower that would wither away with a single blow to his fragile ego, "let's just say improvements are welcome."

"I wouldn't have guessed it, miss Obvious." He took of his apron and sat beside me. It was nine o'clock and every last employee had already left the restaurant in a hurry. Including my dad. But in comparison to others, he HAD worked for two days straight without an ounce of sleep.

The large man leaned on the wall and stared back at me with a goofy smile. "How was school? Did you say hi to Marco for me? How did he like my...ahm...Special present?"

I rolled my eyes. In the back of my mind, I somehow hoped he had forgotten about that subject, but as I knew how Lady Luck was rarely on my side, I figured that the outcome would be needless to say...Inevitable. "He begged me to stop bringing him your so called 'gifts'. And I agree with him. I'd be devastated myself if I were him."

He shook his head, just like a parent scolding a child's naivety. "My brother has been single since Luffy birth... And that says a lot. He shouldn't mind receiving fun toys to somehow satisfy his needs. It is unhealthy to-"

"Stop! Just... just stop! Please!" Before the whole scene could invade my pure mind, I closed my eyes and ears, deducting how much time it would take for the brunette to stop rambling about the sensitive topic.

"Oh, what an innocent angel! Are you embarrassed, Y/n?"

"No shit! Ugh..." I slumped my head against the table. "Now I can't unsee it. I'll have to avoid Marco for the rest of my life. And the rest of your bloody family."

I peeked at him and a small tug upwards from his lips decorated his features. "It's relief to hear you being so casual about it. I guess he didn't do anything..."

That made me sober up. I hadn't notice how incrementally he led our talk to this point, almost making it nonchalant. "What do you mean by it?"

His eyes widened, as if he were shocked by his loud confession. He swiftly jumped on his feet and, facing me with his back, whispered: "Lucci has got quite some reputation. Even Marco thinks he-"

"Marco? What does he have to do anything with it? And why are you mentioning Lucci out of blue?"

"Y/n, look..."

"I don't need anyone to keep telling me what I should do, okay?! I'm capable enough to think with my own brain."

"I never said you shouldn't. I'm only worried for you."

"I'm not a stupid brat."

This was the first out of many fights that followed the winter night, exactly two years ago. Words flew from my mouth that I never thought I'd even think, let alone say out loud. I knew instantly from the look in his eyes that they'd hit their mark.

Nothing would ever be the same again.

***

Sanji's lips were still on mine, but still somehow, instead of losing in its tenderness, it remained soft yet determined.

Honking of cars... Rain... There was a huge storm that day.

My eyes widened and I forcefully pushed Sanji away. I wasn't able to breath as if my lung capacity somehow shrunk in mere seconds. I didn't realize how I stared, bewildered at the male with my hand on my lips, while trembling and barely containing tears.

"What are you doing?" I backed away.

He made a step forward but I immediately reacted. "Stay away!" Oh god, what if it happens again? What will I do?

Beep,  beep,  beep  ...  beep,     beep...    beep ... ... "I'm terribly sorry. We did all we could."

There was panic in Sanji's eyes, or was it? I took a few steps backwards, bumping into the kitchen counter like I wasn't expecting it. My head rolled with the impact, eyes glazed. My voice came out thin and distant, "What, but, no, it didn't, that's... not... right..." The breathing was all wrong. I began to gasp like there's not enough oxygen in the air.

"T-thatch? Thatch... Please... Wake up. T-thatch... Thatch?"

***