I rolled my eyes at him jokingly, "Whatever you say, lover boy. I'm going to bed."

James kissed me again.

"Goodnight, darling."

I kissed him one last time.

"Goodnight, mon amour."

• • • • •

On Saturday morning, I was woken up by the sounds of all of my roommates getting ready to go to Hogsmeade. Normally, I would just go back to sleep, but I had a date today.

I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face, brushing past a panicking Mary, who was panicking because she wasn't sure about her outfit for her date.

Jolie was in the bathroom doing her makeup, and she smiled at me when I walked in.

"Good morning, sunshine."

I looked at myself in the mirror to see that my hair was a total mess and that the dark circles underneath my eyes were darker than usual.

"I look awful."

Jolie looked at me in the mirror, "A little bit, don't hit me I'm doing my eyeliner."

After I finished in the bathroom, I picked out my outfit, which consisted of my black mom jeans, James' Gryffindor quidditch jumper, and my black Doc Marten's.

My hair was styled into two French braids, which I threw my red hat over, and I went for natural makeup.

I grabbed my coat from the hanger and slung the knee-length black jacket over me.

When I reached the common room, James was waiting for me and smiled when he saw me.

I kissed him, "Good morning, love."

He grinned at me, "You look gorgeous as ever."

"Are we going down for breakfast, or are we going straight to Hogsmeade?" I asked, looping my arm through James.

We walked out of the portrait hole and into the corridor.

"Brunch in Hogsmeade-, as long as that's alright with you?"

I smiled, "It sounds perfect."

James and I walked through the castle and into the courtyard with our arms linked.

Professor McGonagall was at the gates, along with Lily and a couple of other Prefects, supervising who was leaving Hogwarts to head to the small village.

She saw James and me and gave us a small smile, "Ah, Mr. Potter and Ms. Beaufort, I see the Prophet was right."

James smiled, "Yes they were, Minnie! Now if you don't mind, my girlfriend and I are going to go get brunch."

"Have fun!" McGonagall chimed as James and I began our trek to Hogsmeade.

When we finally reached the village, James and I walked right into one of the many restaurants and sat down.

I ordered pancakes-, my favorite, and coffee. James got the same.

"These pancakes are amazing." I muttered as I cut into my stack of pancakes.

James laughed, "They really are, how have we never been here before?"

"Because we love to sleep, and we usually get here at two in the afternoon, not ten in the morning."

"It was worth getting up early." James smiled.

I smiled back, "Yes it was."

After we finished brunch, James paid and we stepped back out onto the snow covered street. Students were milling about. Some of them were on dates and others were with their friends.

"What's next on your agenda?" I teased as James intertwined his fingers through mine.

James grinned, "Honeyduke's and Zonko's?"

I nodded in agreement and we ventured off down the street to Honeyduke's.

The candy store was packed with people, and I looked around to see if I knew anyone.

My eyes landed on Mary, who waved at me from her place in the checkout line. Her brown hair fell in ringlets from underneath her hat-, well the Ravenclaw hat, that she was wearing.

I gave her a questioning look and she pointed to the boy beside her, the boy that she was stressing out about this morning.

"Look at the new candies they got!" James exclaimed as he pulled me over to a display of candies.

We both ended up getting chocolate frogs, exploding bonbons, and treacle fudge, all of which James paid for despite my protests.

"I'm just being a gentleman." James claimed as we walked out of Honeyduke's.

The chill air nipped at my nose as soon as we stepped outside of the warm storefront, and I shivered, even though I was all bundled up.

James rubbed his hands against my arms, "Cold?"

I rubbed my hands together, "Absolutely freezing."

"You look really cute when you're cold," James laughed. "But we should get you back to the castle to warm up."

"Are you sure? I can suck it up, we haven't gone to Zonko's yet."

James cut me off with a kiss, which I practically melted into. His touch warmed me up, as our lips moved together.

When he pulled away, James smiled.

"Today was about making sure you have a good time," James admitted. "And since you're cold I think we should go back to the castle, sit in front of the fire, warm up, and cuddle. I mean unless you want to stay out here in the cold-"

I pecked James on the lips and grabbed him by the hand as I practically began to drag him back to Hogwarts. "You're amazing, let's go."

James smirked, "This is why I love you."

My footsteps came to a halt, causing James to run into me. I turned to face him and looked into his wide hazel eyes.

"Shit-, it slipped out, you don't-"

"I love you."

James stopped rambling, "You do?"

"I do?"

His arms quickly wrapped around my waist as he pulled me in for a kiss. Against my lips, he mumbled, "I love you, too."