Remus gulped as he sat down across from me, and Sirius handed James and me the paper before sitting down next to Remus.

I quickly looked at James, who was as equally confused as I was, before turning my attention to the parchment in front of me.

Attack in Diagon Alley - Muggleborn Targeted

There was an attack on Diagon Alley late last night, which resulted in the casualties of three wizards: Thomas MacGowen - muggle-born, and his wife, Selene - half-blood, and their four-year-old daughter, Josephine.

The MacGowen's were a young wizard family who resided in one of the many flats in Diagon Alley. They were out celebrating the announcement of their second child when things took a turn for the worst.

All three MacGowen's were murdered by assumed Death Eater's. There was one witness whose name will not be released at this time.

I took a deep breath as I finished reading the paper. James took my hand in his reassuringly.

"It's happening." I mumbled, looking up at Remus and Sirius. "It's actually happening."

"This is the first report." Remus confirmed, his voice hushed in the busy library.

Sirius dropped his head into his hands, "They're going to mark Reg, as soon as he's of age."

"I'm so sorry, Padfoot." James muttered, his voice was sincere but he looked scared.

Sirius scoffed, "He's their lap dog-, my parents. I tried to get him to leave with me, but he was so scared."

"He's only fifteen," Remus spoke, "Regulus is still so young."

"He doesn't have a choice." I added.

Sirius looked up at me, a scowl on his face. "Of course he has a bloody choice! I had one, and I choose to leave."

James cut Sirius off.

"Reg doesn't have a choice. It's different for him because he's in Slytherin, he's being forced to live up to those idiots standards."

Sirius nodded in agreement and took a deep breath, "It's too late for him."

The four of us sat at a table, hidden back in the corner of the library until Madam Pince came to kick us out at the closing time.

We went back to the common room, and Sirius went right to bed, Remus right behind him.

Marlene and Mary were sitting in the common room in front of the fire when we walked in, and they both smiled when they saw us.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Marlene joked as we sat down across from her and Mary.

James grinned, "Hello to you too, McKinnon."

Mary smiled at the two of us, "Got any special plans for Valentine's day?"

I looked at James, "I'm not sure, do we, love?"

"I can't give away all my secrets."

Marlene and Mary laughed at this. The four of us talked for a bit before the two girls went up to our dormitory to get ready for bed.

James pulled me onto his lap and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed me softly, his hands running through my hair.

"We'll be okay, Daph."

I looked into his hazel eyes, "Will we?"

"We will," James affirmed. "And on the plus side, we have Valentine's day to take our minds off of it."