[7]

hey suna, can we
meet up at the new cafe?

rintarou
sure, cya in 10
[read]

——————————————————

suna's pov

i look at the time, 8 pm.
thats weird, why would she wanna meet up at this hour? whatever, she has to be quick. i need to rush to aika's house.
i threw on a black hoodie and some sweatpants, fixed my hair, tucked a pack of cigarettes in my pockets, wear my earrings and rings. i look at the eyeliner i'm holding, deciding if i should use it. fuck it. i put on my eyeliner quickly and put on my sneakers, rushing out of the house to the cafe nearby.

i walk into the cafe and i see her sitting near the windows . she looks beautiful. what? i didn't say that. her figure looks weak, but she's still pretty. her in that black skirt and her white oversized hoodie.. my heart skipped a beat. i think i'm falling in love with her. but i can't. there's no way i would like her. i walk towards her. greeting her.

"hey, what's up?" i greeted with a smile. she smiles back, god.. why must you do this to my heart? "order a drink first, i have some explanations to do. it won't take too long- oh excuse me.." she pauses for a second, putting her arm around her mouth and coughs. her throat must be itchy. i nod and get up to order. i walked back to our seat with an iced americano. she smiles at me, taking a deep breath. wow, it must be long. "alright.. where do i start..."

what.. no.. huh..? sh-she overheard that? she knew? she saw? i..

panic was obviously showing in my eyes, her eyes widen, she reaches out to me and caressed my hands as a reassurance. we're nothing, but why does it feel as if i've done a big mistake? she smiles weakly. why.. didn't you tell me? y/n.. my dearest.. i'm sorry. my body froze. i know she's not done with her explanations and stuff. she has a lot to say. i take a deep breath and smile back. her grip on my hands tightened. she refused to look at me in the eyes as she said..

"suna.. i didn't caught a fever.. i have pneumonia and the doctor recommended me going to america.. i have to go.."

my heart dropped, the world stopped. it felt like i was dying. i couldnt breathe, it was overwhelming. tears formed in my eyes. i know it's curable but.. leaving? for how long? when will i see her again? can i finally get her in the future?... her eyes finally looked in mine. "i'm leaving in a few days, so will you spend time with me? for 2 days? you can bring whoever you want, i'm bringing niko and kita anyways." she said with hope in her eyes. of course, i will. "yes.. of course. i will. anything to see you have fun."  i accidentally let out. she blinks. blinks again. "excuse me- what did you just say?" "what? i didn't say anything." "yes you did, my brain voice recorded you." "your what did what" "my b r a i n voice recorded you." "y/n.. what the fuc-" "oh wait here i wanna order some chocolate for the both of us." "y/n! get back here!"

y/n, how are you able to joke around at this moment? idiot.