Zack must have seen the terror on my face because he grabbed the drunk guy's collar and yanked him away from me.

"Do you know him?" Zack asked me quietly.

His voice was so soft that it startled me for a second.

I just shook my head and hide behind him quickly to protect myself from that drunk guy. I couldn't force the words out of my mouth so I just clutched his shirt tightly to seek comfort.

"You son of a bi-," drunk guy's words cut off when Zack punched him in the face. The drunk person fell onto the ground with a thud.

The drunk didn't stand after that. Zack turned around and looked at my face.

"Stop crying." He mumbled and start avoiding my gaze.

It made me smile because he didn't hug me or said anything to comfort me like any normal person instead, he ordered me to stop crying.

He decided to walk with me to my house. I stepped on my front porch and turned around so I can say thank you to him but before I can, he gestured me to stop.

"Don't....just don't." He said and walked away without saying anything else.

It was a little odd but I don't care because the main thing is - he helped me that day. I never told anyone about that incident, not even Kate because I know his 'don't' meant much more than a simple word.

his 'don't' said everything he couldn't.

I came back to reality when Kate tugged at my hand. We get inside the house and start enjoying ourselves. It was awesome, to say the least, because Jina had loads of chocolate in her refrigerator.

After two hours I was wondering around the house to find Kate, she left me alone half an hour ago so she can go to the restroom but she still isn't back. I searched everywhere in the house but she wasn't there. I headed towards the front lawn to check but my steps faltered when I see Zack on one of the swings. He was rubbing his face with both of his hands and he looked drained from all his usual energy.

He looked fragile and broken.

I should turn back but my feet weren't moving and my eyes.....my eyes were focused on his exhausted figure. It's like my mind couldn't control my body anymore.

My feet carried me towards the empty swing beside him. He looked up when he felt someone's presence but he didn't say anything, I too didn't say or ask anything.

"Do you ever feel like....you are living in a cage?" He asked quietly.

His voice startled me, I wasn't expecting the first words from him so it was shocking but I replied after I regained my voice. "No."

"You are lucky." I wasn't supposed to hear that but I did.

Lucky?

The Defeated look on his face and the heart-crushing question made me do something - I took out the charm from my pocket and put it in his hand after I was sure that he needs it more than me.

It's a tiny silver turtle charm.

When I was little, my grandpa gave it to me. He told me that it's a lucky turtle and It'll bring happiness in my life if I keep it with me all the time. The funny thing is - I still believe my grandpa's word.

Zack looked at it and then frowned in confusion.

"What is this?" His words came out slurred and it made me realise that he's intoxicated.